Consulting Engineer - Wireless
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestNetworking, Wireless, Mobility
What you’ll do
- Drives technology in enterprise wireless networking both indoor & outdoor, along with performing systems engineering, design, analysis, and optimization of wireless networks for customer projects/accounts
- Research, designing and implementation of wireless networks, including the definition of applicable engineering specifications and resource requirements for network hardware and software along with detailing network infrastructure and design.
- Analyze the business requirements and architect the required workflow needed to achieve the efficient functionality of Wireless networks
- Skilled in RF site survey for both indoor and outdoor networks
- Perform critical wireless network assessments modeling & analysis
- Work with customer for requirement gathering and make recommendations for wireless network optimization, additions, and upgrades.
- Ensure compliance to requirements, standards & policies as advised.
- Ability to work in a customer facing role and independently solve problems in broad, complex, and outstanding networks with mixed environments.
- Supports engineers from multiple teams as well as the field and aids them in problem resolution.
Who you will work with
The CX Center (CXC) provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer needs while improving profitability for Customer Experience (CX) delivery teams. CXC’s highly technical, global resources support customer engagements in all regions. These capabilities expand Cisco's technical reach across all Cisco architectures. Through our network of CX-Centers we enable delivery of innovative services and solutions. Our collaborative delivery model drives scalability, efficiency and innovation across the CX organization.
Who you are
- Requires BS/BE/BTech degree or equivalent plus 2-5 years of related experience in IT industry.
- Experience with Cisco Wireless Products - WLC (Wireless LAN Controllers), Access Points (AP), MSE, CMX, Prime Infrastructure (PI) etc
- Deep understanding of IEEE 802.11 standards (a, b, g), 802.1x, Wi-Fi
- Knowledge of Wireless security
- Deep fixing knowledge of Wireless Roaming, 802.11r
- Configuration/solving knowledge of flex connect networks
- Configuration/fixing knowledge of mesh networks
- Solid knowledge on AAA protocols (TACACS+, RADIUS, 802.1x, EAP-TLS, EAP-PEAP & Captive Portals) as well as experience working on BYOD & Guest networks
- Basic knowledge of Enterprise LAN switching & protocols (HSRP, GLBP, VRRP, STP, MST, RSTP, VTP and SPAN)
- Good in Enterprise Routing - MPLS, BNG, Segment Routing, L2VPN and L3VPN, IP Routing (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, RIP, ISIS, NAT, PAT and IPv4 & IPv6)
- Foundation knowledge of WiFi 6 and 9800 controller will be a plus
- Scripting knowledge on Python is a plus
- CCNA - R&S, CCNP - R&S
- CCNP – Wireless, CCIE - Wireless
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while seeking for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.