Consulting Engineer – WLAN
Location:Mexico City, Mexico
Area of InterestProfessional Services
Technology InterestNetworking, Wireless, Mobility
What will you do
● Provide Planning, Designing, Implementation, Operation and Optimization assistance to Advanced Services Customers around any of Cisco’s Mobility solutions – Packet Core or Wireless
● Participate in design/implementation and migration, or problem resolution projects involving Mobility solutions
● Provide technical support for customers during software and hardware upgrades
● Good business judgment, a comfortable, open communication style, and a willingness and ability to work with teams. Ability to quickly establish credibility with the customer as well as work collaboratively and with technical professionals
● Highly focused on results, with a willingness and perseverance to make things happen through effective decision making abilities
Who will you work with
Global Delivery Centers (GDC) provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer needs while improving profitability for Advanced Services (AS) delivery teams. GDC’s highly technical global resources support customer engagements in all theaters acting as a seamless delivery partner to AS practice and theater teams
GDCs are located in strategic regions around the globe - Bangalore, Dalian, Mexico City, Krakow and Raleigh (RTP) - enabling a more consistent and relevant customer experience across barriers of time zone, language and local regulations. They are looking for high skilled engineers to work across all cisco architectures like Borderless networks, Collaboration, Datacenter/ Virtualization, Mobility, Video, NGN & OSS
- Provide Planning, Designing, Implementation, Operation and Optimization assistance to Customers around any of Cisco’s Mobility solutions – Wireless LAN / WiFi
- Support existing 802.11 infrastructure including Cisco lightweight indoor access points.
- Install, configure, and support Cisco (1131, 1142, 2602, 2702, 3702) wireless access points
- Install, configure, and support Cisco (2500, 5500, 7500, 8600 series) wireless LAN Controllers.
- Engineer solutions to integrate wireless LAN coverage into new facilities.
- Experience with Cisco NCS and Cisco Prime Infrastructure Monitoring Platforms.
- Work with outside vendors and internal organizations to have wireless surveys performed and required equipment installed.
- Resolve client connectivity, interference, authentication, and coverage issues.
- Troubleshoot switching issues such as VLANs, VTP, and spanning tree issues.
- Works with customers evaluating, designing, and maintaining their wireless networks
- Participate in design/implementation and migration, or problem resolution projects involving wireless solutions
- Provide technical support for customers during software and hardware upgrades
- Demonstrate thought leadership in solving customer pain points and achieving their business outcomes.
- Produce architectural design for large scale networks
- Performs analysis and diagnosis of most complex networking problems.
- Performs analysis of most complex network designs.
- Provides highest-level crisis management.
- Act as the technical team leader.
- Identifies skills and business shortfalls and establishes programs to address them.
- Collaborates proactively with AS NCE’s to ensure optimal use of resources to meet customer needs.
- Good business judgment, a comfortable, open communication style, and a willingness and ability to work with teams.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with the customer as well as work collaboratively with technical professionals
- Highly focused on results, with a willingness and perseverance to make things happen through effective decision making abilities
- BS / BE / BTech degree or equivalent
- 8 years of related experience in IT industry
- 5 years of Wireless LAN / WiFi experience
- Experience in design and deployment of Wireless technology for various business segments – Industrial, High density, Indoor/Outdoor, Enterprise WiFi.
- Knowledge of 802.11 constructs and control protocols
- Good analytic and decision making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in English language
- Professional Knowledge in 2 CCNP (one wireless) or equivalent, and one CCIE Written
- Strong knowledge in Quality Systems and Industry Standards
- Strong knowledge of at least one Customer Vertical / IT industry
- Strong networking knowledge, sufficient enough to understand customer solutions, topologies and interaction with higher networking layers.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.