Consulting Engineer - WIFI
Location:Seattle, Washington, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
What You'll Do
The Wireless Network Consulting Engineer supports Enterprise WLAN and/or Service Provider Wi-Fi accounts. This is a critical customer-facing role. Responsible for the delivery of Wireless Planning, Design, Implementation & Optimization Services to Cisco's accounts.
- Perform architectural planning and design, as well as configuration and integration support within project delivery and ongoing consultative engagements.
- Provide operational support for complex, wireless network deployments. Identify & document design/architecture standard methodologies for global Cisco Services adoption.
- Participate in or lead complex network design, performance engineering or problem resolution projects.
- Assist in development of business and technical requirement
- Assist in the development of high-level and low-level design activities
- Assist in the development of network implementation planning
- Assist in configuration and connectivity activities, including test planning and cutover activities
- Recommends and initiates projects to benefit customers and AS wide objectives.
- Accountable to highest levels of senior management to ensure project commitments and AS deliverables are met.
Who You'll Work With
Other Cisco engineers to provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer needs while improving profitability for Advanced Services (AS) delivery teams. Cisco’s highly technical global resources support customer engagements in all theaters acting as a seamless delivery partner to AS practice and theater teams.
The CX Architecture team focusses on WI-FI solutions and technologies to help customers Plan, build, deploy and migrate networks. We need a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to customers’ demands to deploy and support Cisco’s latest technologies and products. With a top-tier mix of broad networking knowledge and specific area expertise, you're well positioned to become a trusted advisor, capable of building proven, long-term relationships with customers. You will be expected to continuously improve your skills and expertise to own the technology/solution
Who You Are
Our minimum qualifications include:
- Strong knowledge and expertise Cisco WI-FI portfolio, Wireless Controllers, APs, CMX, Hyperlocation, and Prime Infrastructure
Strong RF Design background to include: Distribution center environments, medical centers, industrial deployments.
Background in Mesh and outdoor a plus
Technologies : LAN Switching, Layer 2 troubleshooting
Understanding of the ISE product line as it pertains to WI-FI deployments. .
- Hands-on experience in installation, configuration, testing and troubleshooting and/or Network solution designing of CiscoWI-FI solutions.
Required Knowledge :
- Hands-on and troubleshooting on any of the below third party products would be highly preferred:
- Prior experience of conducting customer workshops, High level and low level network design experience would be preferred.
- Scripting knowledge on Python, Pearl would be highly preferred.
Soft Skills :
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers.
- Strong consulting & client-facing skills to include cross-functional influence, external and internal consulting/partnering.
Our desired skills include:
- Requires BS/BE/B.Tech degree or equivalent plus 8+ years of related experience in IT industry
- Certifications Preferred – CCIE ( Preferred ), CCIP, CCNA, CCNP ( Plus )
Industry Neutral Certifications will also be looked at: CWNE, CWNP
- Hardworking, persuasive, trustworthy inspiring leader capable of quickly establishing executive interest in Cisco services by articulating the value and business advantage of Cisco’s network migration services.
- An ambitious individual with the curiosity to learn, work in a fast paced changing environment, evolve continuously to keep pace with the Cisco’s solutions, technologies and industry trends, be an inspiration and trend setters for others.
- High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning, and creative problem solving skills with the ability to convert thoughts to real and pragmatic execution
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.