Consulting Engineer - Threat Intelligence Analyst
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Who You’ll Work With:
Working as a part of Cisco Professional Services Security team delivering Security Operation Center (SOC) services for one of our strategic customers in Saudi Arabia. You will collaborate with other the local onsite team and team leads dedicated for the customer (working Sunday to Thursday local time hours 6 AM- 3 PM).
What You’ll Do:
- Build and maintain relationships with clients to ensure you have the full picture of their thread landscape.
- Provide Threat analysis reports for Threat hunting initiatives.
- Utilising the CTI frameworks to provide clients with daily, weekly and monthly threat alerts/reports.
- Identifying new sources and tools is a key responsibility.
- Acting as the eyes and ears for clients prior to cyber security attacks, proactively monitoring geopolitical, physical and online threats.
- Working under pressure with a wider team of Analysts as the lead, to meet client deadlines in a live operational environment.
Who You Are:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst within a consultancy would be preferred.
- A SecOps background, with a familiar understanding of the Incident Response processes.
- CTI methodologies: pivoting models, investigative frameworks, as well as MITRE ATT&CK, and the Extended Cyber Kill Chain.
- Familiarity with cognitive bias types, and the relation during primary research.
- Previous experience with competing hypothesis theory and use of different tools to score those hypotheses.
- Experience OSINT collection, use of online tools: virus total, passive total etc.
- Writing short and long form reporting to a specified, technical writing style.
- Anomali is an advantage.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.