Consulting Engineer - Solution Validation Services for Data Center
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
What You'll Do:
- Provide network architecture and design validation services Cisco Customer Experience Services Customers around Cisco’s Routing and Switching, Datacenter or Mobility products and solutions.
- Actively participate in the preparation of lab network design, Bill of Materials, topologies to simulate customer network within Cisco Services labs.
- Lead or participate in driving requirements discussions, developing test plans and configurations, report and solve issues to resolution. Tackle complex, multi-functional issues that cross many technologies in network, O/S, virtualization, consolidation, middleware, security, applications, operations, content switching, caching and/or content delivery networks, and security.
- Establish a trusted relationship with customer management, sales, field delivery and business units in different areas and future technology tendencies.
- Participate in weekly status meetings and other ad-hoc interactions with the customer running specific asks from the customer and handling customer expectations from SVS engagements.
- Collaborate with PM's in resolution of project issues. Track work against the engagement schedule and support the PM track financial, resource and material requirements for the engagements. Ensure timely closure of engagements and identify to PM any future opportunities with customer
- Work with a multi-functional team and ensure success of project work. You take initiatives to train yourself on changes in technology, understand customer needs and environment. You are creative with a practical approach and have an intuitive feel for financial consequences of recommendations. Passionate about area of expertise and interested in a specialist track as a long-term career objective, you possess a clear record of achievement, a willingness to work hard and perseverance.
Who You’ll Work With:
Solution Validation Services (SVS) is part of Cisco CX Team, focused on validating complex customer-specific networks and accelerating the adoption of new technologies.
Our team has expertise across the breadth of the Cisco product portfolio along with expertise in a variety of third-party and competitive products. With hundreds of engineers and extraordinary facilities around the world, SVS helps automated design validation, and validate the technologies our customers need to give their business the edge in today's business climate.
Who you are:
- BS/BE/BTech degree or equivalent plus 5+ years of related experience in IT industry.
- Developed presentation skills. Able to present to peers on delivery topics.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Bash.
- Experience with Networking: OSI Layer 2 (Spanning tree, vPC, EtherChannel, VLAN, etc), Layer 3 switching /routing (OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS, BGP, MPLS, IPv4/6), DNS/DHCP WAN/ISP, network virtualization (N1kv, VRF)
- NX-OS experience
- Network architecture validation experience. Experience with test tools such as Spirent, Ixia
- Compute technologies: x86, hypervisor (Openstack/KVM), OS (Linux/Windows), workload mobility
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- CCNP certification Preferred, CCIE is a plus
- Understands and can build pods for cloud architectures.
- Service Provider experience
- Familiarity with ROBOT
- Mobility PCRF, PGW, SGW experience
- High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable understanding of the end-to-end IT process, including architecture, design & engineering, implementation, and operations;
- Willingness and ability to work with teams, ability to cultivate relationships using an open and respectful communication and collaboration style
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.#LI-AZ1