Consulting Engineer - Solution Validation Services, Test Engineer
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Networking, Security, Service Provider, Software Development, Testing
Who You'll Work With
Solution Validation Services, as part of Cisco Customer Experience supports our clients and end users with unusual validation of scaled pre deployment or network migration services. Tailored towards new technologies such as ACI / SDA, NFV, Cloud, SD WAN, IoE / IoT, Cisco’s Investment in SVS labs globally provides a platform for ranged validation of such technologies. Building industry recognition for quality and transforming our clients network deployment experience while giving a rewarding environment to both learn and grow new skills.
What You'll Do
You will join an organization of Test Engineers and Test Managers to support analysis and validation for large projects across our EMEAR region.
You’ll need to be ready to collaborate with end customers, sales, services and development engineering, acting as a bridge between them while supporting each groups priorities. Understand complex designs and configurations, detail test requirements and seamless reporting.
This role will require you to:
- Work within a team of test engineers to perform test and validation activities
- Contribute to discussions to detail requirements and architecture, test plans with test cases
- Build and configure test bed topologies
- Capable of test case automation and re-use / adaption of existing test automation
- Capable of driving industry standard & proprietary traffic generation test tools
- Troubleshoot issues and drive them to resolution.
- You will compile and present detailed client reports for test results
Who you are
- You have minimum CCNA level in Routing / Switching
- You are Devnet Associate certified
- You are passionate about scripting for building automated test cases and reporting
- You have incredible customer facing skills
- You have an understanding of the following technologies
- Security (Access control, Posture, Encryption Cyber, DDoS)
- Cisco SDN technologies NFV, ACI, SDA, SD-WAN
- Scripting (Python)
- Test tools knowledge(Ixia / Spirent)
- Fluent both German and English (in speaking and writing) is a must
- Germany Security cleared or willingness to do so.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!