Consulting Engineer - Solution Validation Services - 1282820
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Why You'll love Cisco
We change the World, we are passionate about our employer and the brand we represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real-world impact. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
This is an exciting new opportunity to join the Solution Validation Services(SVS) organization - RTP. SVS is built around a solid foundation to impact the customer experience in a proactive way, the key goal being collaborative, joint customer engagement to incubate new services and/or enhance existing services for Enterprise and Service Provider customers.
As part of Solution Validation Services team, you will help drive Cisco services growth by designing next generation solution labs and validation solutions for our customers. Influence customer on trending network technologies and accelerate new technology adoption. With hundreds of engineers and world-class facilities around the world, SVS helps design, and deploy the technologies our customers need to give their business the edge in today's business climate.
Who You'll Work With
You will interface with all facets of solution architecture/design team and development engineering, analyzing new solution requirements, writing test plans, building test lab configurations, executing and automating test cases, and documenting results. Through collaborative tools, Intellectual Capital and world-class technical expertise, we deliver validation services to our most critical customers.
Who You Are
- You will handle customer-specific solution testing for Data Center customers.
- You can apply your analytical skills and technical knowledge to take on product and network problems of moderate to high complexity.
- You will also provide technology/product training and intellectual property material as required
- You'll act as focal point for large account network problem resolution.
- You can effectively utilize moderate to complex lab setups to recreate and solve problems.
Cisco Services strives to create value for Cisco customers by providing outcomes that solve key business problems. We do this through a focus on driving growth in our current portfolio while investing in new business models that create lasting differentiation for Customers, Partners, Employees and Shareholders.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead next generation R&S, Data Center and Cloud technologies for Enterprise customers to support implementation of new platform/solution.
- Drive requirement discussion, analyze test requirements, build lab configurations, execute and document results.
- Collaborate with solution architects from delivery and sales team and collaborate on future initiatives to win customer business.
- Identify key issues, gaps and drive with engineering and delivery to resolve issues
- Validate new design solutions to meet customer requirements. Identify new opportunities of growth
- Work with minimal supervision and exercise judgment within defined procedures to determine appropriate action.
- 3+ years related experience in provisioning, managing and coordinating medium to large-scale Data Center networks. Cisco experience preferred, typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
- In-depth knowledge and strong operating experience in the following: Routing & Switching, Virtualization, Storage and Compute.
- Deep working knowledge of Cisco Data Center technologies and protocols including NX-OS.
- Concepts and implementation of Cisco’s Unified Computing System.
- Hands-on exposure to test tools like Ixia or Spirent
- Experience with VMware, Netapp and EMC is preferred.
- Programmability and DevOps tools (Ex .Python )
- Should have strong knowledge of Layer-2 , Layer-3 technologies and protocol implementation
- CCIE Certification is a plus. Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are preferred.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.