Consulting Engineer - Service Provider (IP/MPLS)
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What will you do:
- Designs, implement Cisco leading edge technologies and provide services to the largest networks and high-profile customers in the world
- Influence and/or develop software and tools in support of network design, infrastructure and technology platforms.
- Analyze, monitor, automate repeatable tasks and optimize networks for performance.
- Applying new thinking and techniques to automate manual processes.
- Apply leading technology to address real business problems and collaborate globally to deliver high-quality, robust, repeatable and scalable services, while learning and growing as individuals
- Be a strategic partner to our customers, saving their business from the impact of network incidents, solving and preventing the recurrence of technical issues
- Independently solves problems in complex, and unique networks with mixed environments
- Supports engineers from multiple teams as well as the field and aids them in problem resolution.
- Works on complex and diverse problems where analysis requires in-depth evaluation of factors with imaginative and innovative troubleshooting and experimentation.
- Provides systems/product training both internally and externally and intellectual property material
- Provides guidance to Engineering and product organizations on future product development.
- Innovates within the strategy to create new service capabilities
- Provides guidance and leadership on service delivery models to the Delivery teams and Advanced Services Management
- Drives successful outcomes with Global AS Technical team
Who you’ll work with:
CX is a team of extraordinary technical guides whose #1 focus is to deliver best in class customer experience. We help tackle the toughest business challenges with network-centric solutions that accelerate customer and partner success and loyalty. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, increasing customer satisfaction metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores.
The Advance Delivery Center provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer needs while improving profitability for Advanced Services (AS) delivery teams. ADC’s highly technical, global resources support customer engagements in all theaters acting as a flawless delivery partner to AS practice and theatre teams.
Who you are:
- Bachelors or Master's degree in a technical field, such as Computer Science, Computer Networking, Information Technology, Electrical/Computer Engineering or a similar field
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and software engineering with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- 10 - 15 years’ experience in technical consulting, design, deployment and troubleshooting
- CCIE desired (Routing & Switching / Service Provider)
- Experience in Networking Protocols : thorough knowledge of OSPF, ISIS, BGP , LISP, VxLAN, CGNAT/ IP v6, IOS-XR/ NX-OS thorough knowledge
- Experience working with Cisco Products: Variants of 7600, ASR/ ISR routers, Nexus switches 7k/9k, Firepower FW, Catalyst family And Variants of Cisco UCS
- Knowledge of TACACs, DNS, Storage systems and network management desirable
- Knowledge of one computer languages and programming (Java, Python, XML, RESTAPI) frameworks desirable
- Possess creative problem-solving and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills.
- Analytically energetic with the ability to collect, organize, and analyze massive datasets
- Effortlessly simplifies, communicates, and educates customers about complex data and processes
- Disseminates significant amounts of information with attention to detail, authority, and accuracy
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We Are Cisco.