Consulting Engineer - SD&A
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You'll Do
Cisco Systems has an open opportunity for an engineer capable of covering Cisco’s Software Defined and automation portfolios. It is encouraged that the successful candidate will have wide and deep knowledge of software defined technologies, software automation, development approaches/methodologies and would have extensive experience in developing operational models to support transitions.
The candidate will be involved in driving Cisco automation and orchestration solutions in large Enterprise and SP customers. The expectation is that she/he will be able to work with Cisco Product Engineering and Customers to build packaged solutions that help in IT and Operations transformation for Cisco’s customers. From early engagement with the customer, gathering requirements to architecture, design and implementation of solutions will be core responsibilities of this role. The role requires stakeholders’ influence & management skills, deep technology insight, ability to collaborate across various multi-functional teams to drive success for Cisco and its customers.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Customer Experience (CX) is a team of world-class technical specialists whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, growing customer satisfaction metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
Role & Responsibility:
- Provide technology leadership on new solutions and drive the technical architecture/design alignment with automation/orchestration offers
- Incubate/innovate on new capabilities and core assets/IP working with CX Product Management and Delivery teams
- Develop business cases for investments that will drive the outcomes of global standardization of offers and their delivery.
- Work closely with customer to understand their problems, freezing requirements and lead the development/deployment of required automation solution built around Cisco product folio.
- Build solutions following Cisco guidelines, best practices and well-defined processes to ensure high quality deliverables.
Who You Are
- Strategic Problem solver & Technologist with deep expertise in cross technology software solutions across SP & Enterprise segment, Deep customer Delivery experience and Innovation approach
- Deep experience and solid understanding in Network Management and OSS/BSS domain
- Proven consulting abilities and track record on pre-sales and scoping for complex customer solutions in the software automation space
- Experience in Micro services architecture, Object Oriented Programming and software design implementation in Device/Service Provisioning and Orchestration areas with expertise on –
- Core Java, Python
- Web/App Server – IIS /Tomcat Apache/Jboss
- Web Services (REST / SOAP)
- XML / XSLT / JSON / REGEX
- SQL Database
- Good to have - TCP/IP & Networking concepts
- Unix/Linux Environments
- Good to have - Network Function Virtualization (NFV) solutions
- Good to have - Exposure to Cloud Native Environments (Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift) and Virtualization domain (VMware, OpenStack)
- Experience in software engineering & driving large/complex solutions delivery with deep practitioner knowledge on Agile & CI/CD methodologies
- Active development experience is must
Desired Skills - Good to have
- Experience in NetConf, Yang Modelling, Tail-f/NCS/NSO and
- Software automation areas of Cross Domain Orchestration, Closed Loop Automation and Telemetry is a huge plus
- Contribution to Open Source projects
- CCNP or CCIE in DC, Cloud or R&S track
- BE/B.Tech/ME/M.Tech/MS in Computer Science/IT/Software Systems with 5-8 years of proven experience
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!