Consulting Engineer- Routing
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
What Will you do:
Performs technical support functions on problem resolution in support of major account under direction of delivery manager or Senior NCE in conformance to service delivery standards.
Use of AS tools for effective execution of NOS work
Work with Senior NCE in solving customer pain points and achieving their business outcomes
Performs analysis and diagnosis of sophisticated networking problems
Performs analysis of sophisticated network designs.
Acts as the technical specialist for the customer network deployments.
Collaborates proactively with AS NCE’s to ensure efficient use of resources to meet customer needs.
Good Communication and Consulting Skills
Who you will work with:
The Customer Experience Center provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer needs while improving profitability for Professional Services (PS) delivery teams. CXC’s highly technical, global resources support customer engagements in all theaters acting as a flawless delivery partner to PS TTG and Region teams.
These capabilities expand Cisco's technical reach across all Cisco architectures - Borderless Networks, Collaboration, Data Center/Virtualization, Mobility, Video, NGN and OSS. Through our network of Customer Experience Centers (CXCs) we enable delivery of innovative services and solutions. Our collaborative delivery model drives scalability, efficiency and innovation across the PS organization. CXCs are located in strategic regions around the globe - Bangalore, Dalian, Mexico City, Krakow and Raleigh - enabling a more consistent and relevant customer experience across barriers of time zone, language and local laws.
- Requires BS/BE/BTech degree or equivalent plus 6+ years of related experience in IT industry.
- 4+ years of experience.
- Solid grasp in the following areas:
- IP internetworking
- LAN Switching
- WAN protocols, IP Routing protocols (IGRP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP), QoS, Infrastructure Security
- SDWAN /SDA technology awareness or experience is good.
Datacenter Technologies (ACI, Fabric path, OTV, Storage Network, Compute Connectivity, QoS, Security etc)
- Operation and configuration of Cisco’s Unified Computing System (UCS)
- Knowledge of operating systems (e.g. Windows, Linux, Unix, etc.)
- Knowledge of Storage protocols (SCSI, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, FCoE, NSF, etc.)
- Experience in designing, deploying & supporting Cisco solutions required
- Deep knowledge of atleast one Customer Vertical / IT industry
- Professional Level CCxP desired
- Understanding of networking protocols and technologies (STP, VLANs, EhterChannel, vPC, QoS, etc)
- Operation and configuration of Cisco’s SAN switches (e.g. Nexus, MDS switches)
- Operation and configuration of data storage equipment (e.g. NetApp, EMC, etc.)
- Knowledge of server virtualization solutions (e.g. VMware vSphere, Microsoft SCVMM, OpenStack, etc.)
- Experience in scripting and languages (PS,Python,JS,Shell) is a plus
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are growing our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Invent crafting outstanding disruption. Your groundbreaking ideas will change everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.