Consulting Engineer (RP/ ISO-XR)
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestNetworking, Service Provider
What will you do:
- Designs, implement Cisco leading edge technologies and provide services to the largest networks and high-profile customers in the world
- Influence and/or develop software and tools in support of network design, infrastructure and technology platforms.
- Analyze, monitor, automate repeatable tasks and optimize networks for performance.
- Applying new thinking and techniques to automate manual processes.
- Apply leading technology to address real business problems and collaborate globally to deliver high-quality, robust, repeatable and scalable services, while learning and growing as individuals
- Be a strategic partner to our customers, saving their business from the impact of network incidents, solving and preventing the recurrence of technical issues
- Independently solves problems in complex, and unique networks with mixed environments
- Supports engineers from multiple teams as well as the field and aids them in problem resolution.
- Works on complex and diverse problems where analysis requires in-depth evaluation of factors with imaginative and innovative troubleshooting and experimentation.
- Provides systems/product training both internally and externally and intellectual property material
- Provides guidance to Engineering and product organizations on future product development.
- Innovates within the strategy to create new service capabilities
- Provides guidance and leadership on service delivery models to the Delivery teams and Advanced Services Management
- Drives successful outcomes with Global AS Technical team
Who you’ll work with:
CX is a team of extraordinary technical guides whose #1 focus is to deliver best in class customer experience. We help tackle the toughest business challenges with network-centric solutions that accelerate customer and partner success and loyalty. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, increasing customer satisfaction metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores.
The Advance Delivery Center provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer needs while improving profitability for Advanced Services (AS) delivery teams. ADC’s highly technical, global resources support customer engagements in all theaters acting as a detailed delivery partner to AS practice and theater teams.
Who you are:
- Bachelors or Master's degree in a technical field, such as Computer Science, Computer Networking, Information Technology, Electrical/Computer Engineering or a similar field
- Validated understanding of computer science fundamentals and software engineering with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- 4-7 years’ experience in technical consulting, design, deployment and troubleshooting
- CCIE desired (Routing & Switching / Service Provider)
- Experience in Networking Protocols : detailed knowledge of OSPF, ISIS, BGP , LISP, VxLAN, CGNAT/ IP v6, IOS-XR/ NX-OS
- Experience working with Cisco Products: Variants of 7600, ASR/ ISR routers, Nexus switches 7k/9k, Firepower FW, Catalyst family And Variants of Cisco UCS
- Knowledge of TACACs, DNS, Storage systems and network management desirable
- Knowledge of one computer languages and programming (Java, Python, XML, RESTAPI) frameworks desirable
- Possess creative problem-solving and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills.
- Analytically energetic with the ability to collect, organize, and analyze massive datasets
- Effortlessly simplifies, communicates, and educates customers about sophisticated data and processes
- Disseminates significant amounts of information with attention to detail, authority, and accuracy
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.