Consulting Engineer - RP/IOS-XR (1315971)
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestNetworking, Service Provider
What you’ll do
- You'll be required to perform the duties of Network Consulting Engineer which include but not limited to below:
- Lead Software Lifecycle for the Customer Network, provide recommendations, co-ordinate with customer to ensure adoption
- Deliver actionable insights to customer by analysing various syslog messages, reactive cases and other sources daily. Recommend, remediate, track the progress aggressively and help the customer to prevent issues
- Delivers migration plans, with a detailed understanding of network, customers change management processes, migration processes and related dependencies.
- Work closely with the project manager on the engagement to ensure compliance to set processes, weekly progress and status checks, ongoing communications and meetings and drive technical leadership and solutions & work discussions with the customers.
- Mentor, coach and guide other consultants and engineers on the project to enable them for delivery.
- Builds simulated networks in test labs to resolve complex problems and compatibility issues.
- Generates reusable Intellectual Capital in the form of standard customer work.
- Supports pre-sales activities.
Who You'll Work With
CX is a team of outstanding technical guides whose #1 focus is to deliver best-in-class customer experience. We help tackle the toughest business challenges with network-centric solutions that accelerate customer and partner success and dedication. Our success is measured through outstanding financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
Who You Are
- 8+ years of experience in Core Networking technologies alone.
- Deep technical exposure on routing and switching technology, Should have experienced level understanding and working experience on Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS and IOS-XR.
- Should have deep exposure on cisco products i.e. ASR9K, ISR, Catalyst switches, Nexus Platform. Engage the customer to understand there requirement, and help customer fix the problem.
- Should have in-depth working knowledge of BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, MPLS, ISIS, MP-BGP, L2/L3 VPN, M-VPN, Traffic Engineering etc..
- Should have ability to own and solve problems of customer network, also able to work as point of contact and help HTTS/TAC to fix high priority issue.
- Certified Expertise in Routing/Switching, Service Provider or Datacenter (CCIE or equivalent).
- Working exposure in Service Provider Environment
- Hardworking, persuasive, charismatic leader with vision capable of quickly establishing executive interest in Cisco services by articulating the value and business advantage of Cisco’s network migration services.
- An ambitious individual with the curiosity to learn, work in a fast paced changing environment, evolve continuously to keep pace with the Cisco’s solutions, technologies and industry trends, be an inspiration and trend setters for others.
- High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning, and We creative problem solving skills with the ability to convert thoughts to real and pragmatic execution
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!