Consulting Engineer - Mobility
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What you will do
- Involved in technical lifecycle service including Planning, Design, Implementation, and Optimization of Cisco Mobile Wireless Solutions. The main focus will be on End to end Mobility Architectures, with a baseline focus on 4G/5G mobile packet core (LTE & 5GC), signaling, Mobile transport and backhaul technologies, and Virtualized Applications (VNFs / CNFs)
- You will be involved in the Design and implementation of Cisco's groundbreaking technologies and provide services to the largest networks and high-profile customers in the world
- Influence and/or develop software and tools in support of network design, infrastructure, and technology platforms.
- Applying new thinking and techniques to automate manual processes.
- Apply leading technology to address real business problems and collaborate globally to deliver high-quality, robust, repeatable, and scalable services, while learning and growing as individuals
- Be a strategic partner to our customers, saving their business from the impact of network incidents, solving and preventing the recurrence of technical issues
- Supports engineers from multiple teams as well as the field and aid them in problem resolution.
- Works on diverse problems where analysis requires an in-depth evaluation of factors with imaginative and innovative troubleshooting and experimentation.
- Provide systems/product training both internally and externally and intellectual property material
- Provide mentorship to Engineering and product organizations on future product development.
Who you'll work with
CX is a team of exceptional technical guides whose #1 focus is to deliver best in class customer experience. We help seek the toughest business challenges with network-centric solutions that accelerate customer and partner success and dedication. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
Who you are
- Proficient in packet core nodes (S-GW, P-GW, MME, GGSN, SGSN, PDSN/HA). Knowledge on WiFi and Femto access points, gateways, security, network management additionally along with Service Controllers, Content Billing Servers, etc.
- Proficient in Cloud and Virtualisation technologies such as Dockers and Kubernetes, Amazon Web services, Openstack, and Cisco VIM.
- Proficient in Radio technologies, virtual RAN and Data Center switching, and ACI
- an excellent understanding of the 3GPP standards and mobility architecture of both 4g and 5G networks with a solid grasp of the call flows
- A passion for automation, with a proven (non-theoretical) ability to automate using Python, Ansible, or other similar tools!
- You understand the principles of end-to-end system architecture and design principles.
- You are a creative problem solver, comfortable with Challenging the status quo!
- You are an ambitious person with a BTech, M.Tech, BE, MS, or equivalent plus 6+ years of related technical experience
- Excellent communications skills, experience working directly with customers, and ability to relate to customer representatives at various levels
- The candidate is a distributed team member often working with people from different cultures and geographies and effectively collaborates with internal Cisco teams.
- Good technical writing skills and have experience in writing high and low-level designs (including drawings), test, and implementation plans.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education, and more ñ from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities