Consulting Engineer - Migration
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What you will do
The Migration team in the GDC focusing on all SP and Enterprise technologies as a Consulting Engineer, Services. We need a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and responding to intensified issues. With a seasoned mix of broad and deep networking knowledge and specific area expertise, as well as excellent Customer Relationship Leadership skills, you're well positioned to become a trusted advisor capable of building solid, long-term relationships with customers.
Who you will work with
Cisco CX mission is to accelerate customer success through innovative Services and world-class people, partners, processes and tools. Services led interactions are a key differentiator to improve the value of Cisco to customers and partners.
The team provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer needs while improving profitability for Customer Experience (CX) delivery teams. GDC’s highly technical, global resources support customer engagements in all theaters acting as a seamless delivery partner to AS practice and theatre teams. These capabilities expand Cisco's technical reach across all Cisco architectures. Through our network of Global Delivery Centers (GDCs) we enable delivery of innovative services and solutions. Our delivery model drives scalability, efficiency and innovation across the AS organization.
Who you are
- Experience on product lines like CRS-1/CRS-3/CRS-X, GSR 12000, 7600, ASR9K/ASR1K, 7200, Catalyst 6500/4500/3850 . Engineer must be very experienced in using the latest ASR9K line cards and must have internal product and/or Architecture knowledge.
- Nexus 7K/5K/2K product lines will be an added advantage.
- Essential Skills on Carrier Ethernet/Metro Ethernet Design/Integration/Implementation with hands-on experience on Cisco ( ASR9K , ASR 901/902/920, ME 34xx ) , Juniper ( M/MX- Series ) will be required.
- Experience Implementing /Supporting Layer 2 implementation of Metro-Ethernet services on a hybrid network comprising of Cisco ASR9K/7609's , Juniper M/T/MX- Series will be key.
- Experience with implementation of VPLS (Metro Ethernet) and VPRN services, QoS on above Cisco / Juniper platforms
- Experience in BGP, OSPF, ISIS, IP/MPLS, QoS, MPLS Traffic Engineering, IPv6, Multicast is a must.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration and troubleshooting and/or Network Solution designing of Cisco Routers and switches. Typical Deliverables includes but not limited to- customer audits, config translations & features; Automated/Scripted discovery audit & data validation of connected/end devices; Optional Lab testing / validation services for service/feature interop.
- Engineer must have at least 2000+ hours of migration windows and migration projects involving ASR9K and MPLS. On-site or Remote migration support ; High-level methodologies, MOP generation & As-Built documentation; Phased approach starting with 8-10 chassis – controlled, validated & careful migration is critical; Fully audit & own configuration translations services & ensure service readiness for migrations.
- Experience of 5-7 yrs on Cisco(CSCO). Alcatel Lucent (ALU) or Juniper ( JNPR) platforms, Ericsson, Extreme or any competitor knowledge
- Must have a demonstrated ability to relate to customer representatives at various levels.
- Must have good technical writing skills and have experience in writing high test and implementation / Migration plans.
- Skills and experience in working independently, resolving methods and procedures.
- Good interpersonal and partnership skills.
- Prefer at least 5-7 years of relevant experience with undergrad degree in Engineering and/or IT areas
- CCNP R&S/SP desired, CCIE (SP) Preferred.
- Competitive Certifications and knowledge (Juniper, Alcatel/Lucent, Huawei)
- Publications and documentation Job would entail documentation of certain technical activities. Examples of any published or crafted documents would be helpful.
At Cisco, each person brings their outstanding talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while seeking for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.