Consulting Engineer - Migration Team
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What you will do
Join the Migration team in the GDC focusing on all SP and Enterprise technologies as a Consulting Engineer, Services. We need a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to escalated issues. With an outstanding mix of broad and deep networking knowledge and specific area expertise, as well as excellent Customer Relationship Leadership skills, you're well positioned to become a trusted advisor capable of building validated, long-term relationships with customers. If you have third party (non-cisco) knowledge
Who You will Work With
CX is a team of extraordinary technical guides whose #1 focus is to deliver premier customer experience. We help tackle the toughest business challenges with network-centric solutions that accelerate customer and partner success and dedication. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
The Global Delivery Center provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer needs while improving profitability for Customer Experience (CX) delivery teams. GDC’s highly technical, global resources support customer engagements in all theaters acting as a detailed delivery partner to AS practice and theatre teams. These capabilities expand Cisco's technical reach across all Cisco architectures. Through our network of Global Delivery Centers (GDCs) we enable delivery of innovative services and solutions. Our collaborative delivery model drives scalability, efficiency and innovation across the AS organization. GDCs are located in strategic regions around the – Bangalore, Pune, Dalian (China), Mexico City, Krakow (Poland) and Raleigh (USA) - enabling a more consistent and relevant customer experience across barriers of time zone, language and local laws.
Who you are
- Experience on product lines like CRS-1/CRS-3/CRS-X, GSR 12000, 7600, ASR9K/ASR1K, 7200, Catalyst 6500/4500/3850. Engineer must be very experienced in using the latest ASR9K line cards and must have internal product and/or Architecture knowledge.
- Nexus 7K/5K/2K product lines will be an added advantage.
- Skills on Carrier Ethernet/Metro Ethernet Design/Integration/Implementation with hands-on experience on Cisco (ASR9K, ASR 901/902/920, ME 34xx), Juniper (M/MX-Series) will be required.
- Experience Implementing /Supporting Layer 2 implementation of Metro-Ethernet services on a hybrid network comprising of Cisco ASR9K/7609's, Juniper M/T/MX- Series will be key.
- Experience with implementation of VPLS (Metro Ethernet) and VPRN services, QoS on above Cisco / Juniper platforms
- Experience BGP, OSPF, ISIS, IP/MPLS, QoS, MPLS Traffic Engineering, IPv6, Multicast
- Experience in Installation, Configuration and troubleshooting and/or Network Solution designing of Cisco Routers and switches. Typical Deliverables includes but not limited to- customer audits, config translations & features; Automated/Scripted discovery audit & data validation of connected/end devices; Optional Lab testing / validation services for service/feature interop.
- Engineer must have at least 2000+ hours of migration windows and migration projects involving ASR9K and MPLS. On-site or Remote migration support ; High-level methodologies, MOP generation & As-Built documentation; Phased approach starting with 8-10 chassis – controlled, validated & careful migration is critical; Fully audit & own configuration translations services & ensure service readiness for migrations.
- Experience of 5-7 Years on Cisco(CSCO). Alcatel Lucent (ALU) or Juniper (JNPR) platforms, Ericsson, Utmost or any competitor knowledge will be a definite plus.
- A good communications skill is a must. Must have a demonstrable ability to relate to customer representatives at various levels.
- Skills and experience in working independently, resolving methods and procedures.
- Prefer at least 5-7 years of relevant experience with undergrad degree in Engineering and/or IT areas
- CCNP R&S/SP desired, CCIE (SP) Preferred.
- Certifications and knowledge (Juniper, Alcatel/Lucent)
- Publications and documentation Job would entail documentation of certain technical activities. Examples of any published or crafted documents would be useful.
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while aiming for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.