Consulting Engineer - Graduate - Italy. Start Date September 2023
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Job TypeEarly in Career
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Service Provider, Webex (Collaboration), Wireless, Mobility
Program Start Date: September 2023
Training Location: virtual
Primary Work Location: Vimercate, Italy
- Building and maintaining relationships with a variety of international customers
- Navigate customers through evolving technology and digital transformation
- Prepare customer's business and technology infrastructure for emerging trends
- Propose and review data center, cloud, network, or security designs exceeding business specifications
- Install, configure, and integrate innovative solutions or applications of Cisco and Third Party solutions
- Keeping an eye on the ever increasing security requirements and constantly evolving threat landscape
- Manage or optimise existing network or cloud infrastructure with redundancy and risk mitigation in mind
- Solve technology and software problems that cross a broad range of technologies, help reduce risk and increase operational efficiency
- Opportunity for travel and face-to-face customer consulting as required
- Building a specialisation in a specific technology, customer, or market segment, based on broad general training
- Participate and thrive in the Cisco team culture, built on openness and transparency.
- You will spend the start of your career with Cisco on a virtual training, where you will have the opportunity to connect with a large group of like-minded associates from all over Europe.
- Through world class training you will have the opportunity to become a leading expert in Software, Cloud, Mobility, Security, Collaboration or Data Center. You will then move into your permanent role where you will be given real responsibility from day one.
- You will have the opportunity to combine your degree education with learnings from our advanced training environment to build creative solutions to significant business challenges.
- We want you at the heart of the Cisco transformation to software, services, and solutions.
- We offer a fantastic work environment while you will receive a competitive salary and generous benefit; including ability to work remotely and lead a balanced lifestyle.
- You are excited by the fascinating world of Cisco software, security, or infrastructure solutions, and you love to see customers succeed.
- You are a recent graduate (2021-2022) or on your final year of studies towards a degree or related program or other academic certificationNetworking, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a similar field); equivalent experience accepted in lieu of degree
- You can live and work in Italy with no additional VISA sponsorship from Cisco
- You are fluent in English and Italian is a must. Spanish or French is beneficial.
- A technology enthusiast, enjoying talking about innovation and always keeping up with the latest technology news.
- A strong communicator with the confidence to engage and talk to a wide range of people.
- View team collaboration as instrumental to achieving success.
- Enjoy looking at practical real life challenges and think creatively to solve them.
- Approach situations with an open and curious mind, taking on challenges with an eye for opportunity.
- You're passionate about networking, software, information technology or computer science.
- You have some knowledge in technologies, such as: Routing, Switching, Datacenter, Security, Virtualisation, Collaboration, Wireless, Software or Network programmability & automation.
- Knowledge of adjacent technologies, holding Cisco Certifications (e.g., CCNA, CCNP, DEVASC) or industry recognized certifications is a plus.
- First 6 months (together with all associates from across EMEAR): full-time virtual training, shadowing and job rotation. If you have no work experience this will act as your transition from university campus to work life.
- After 6 months: join the local CX team in Italy, assuming ownership and responsibility of regional CX deliverables and customer success, supported by ongoing mentorship and guidance to accelerate your continuous development. Shape solutions of real world challenges, closely mentored and integrated into our diverse team.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.