Consulting Engineer - German Speaking (1304797)
Additional Location(s)Garching, Eschborn, Hamburg, Dusseldorf
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Customer Experience (CX) delivers the best customer experience in the industry that accelerates success for our customers and profitable growth for Cisco and our partners. Regional CX Teams support highly technical customer engagements in all theatres across the globe and customer segments. This position will be primarily focused on the German Theater.
What You‘ll Do
- As a primary technical contact, provide consultative, proactive and/or reactive support to Cisco’s Customers
- Deliver plan and design services with a thorough understanding of customer requirements, technologies and related dependencies
- Prepare and participate in sophisticated implementation and migration projects
- Build customer documentation and review with project partners
- Partner closely with Project Managers on the engagement to ensure compliance to set processes, weekly progress and status checks
- Work independently, with minimal guidance and direction from your manager and come up with the best approach to accomplish work
- Mentor, coach and guide other engineers on projects and your area of expertise
Who You Are
We are looking for a Consulting Engineer to deliver customer projects in the field of datacenter, network, security, and collaboration design, performance engineering or problem resolution.
We need a creative problem solver, responding to customers’ demands to deploy and support Cisco’s newest technologies and products. You are well positioned to become a trusted advisor, capable of building solid, long-term relationships with customers. Our CX Engineers are considered recognized technology gurus and Cisco will help you continuously enhance your skills and expertise to lead technology/solutions.
- Demonstrable experience of 6 to 8 years in engineering positions
- Proven consulting skills and customer facing experience
- Solid background in data networks and a good understanding of key technologies and protocols
- Knowledge of designing and implementing sophisticated network solutions
- Able to analyze networking services requirements, define service models and use cases
- Operational experience including network management, network availability, and capacity management
- Willing to travel for customer projects, training and internal meetings (25-35%)
- Fluent in spoken and written German and have good English language skills level (B2 to C1)
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.