Consulting Engineer - Enterprise R/S
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology Interest*None, Networking
Why You'll Love Cisco
We change the World. You will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real-world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns.
What You'll Do
Cisco Customer Experience (CX) is a compelling reason why our customers repeatedly choose Cisco. Through constant innovation and a dedication to customer success, we continue to lead the industry in collaborative support across all solutions and technologies.
· As a Consulting Engineer, you will be responsible for the delivery of Network Planning, Design, Implementation & Optimization Services to high-profile Cisco customers.
· Identify & document design/architecture best practices for customers. Drive and oversee the implementation of these best practices.
· Perform Proactive Software Risk recommendations (PSRR) for customer devices against the recommended version.
· Assist customers during migration services and change windows.
· Assess the customer network and provide ongoing design support.
· Develop & deliver Method of Procedure (MOP) documents that may cover a variety of requests ranging from software upgrades for a particular technology platform to custom configuration guides for a special customer deployment.
· Provide overall Network Improvement Plan for customers by assessing their software vulnerabilities and end-of-life devices and making sound recommendations for upgrades and replacements.
· Participate in complex network design, performance engineering, or problem resolution projects.
· Assist in the development of high-level and low-level design activities.
· Recommend and initiate projects to benefit customers and CX-wide objectives.
· Provide operational support for complex, Enterprise network deployments.
· Ability to coach and mentor others to help them advance in their career once proficient in the role.
Who You'll Work
You will work with a , highly skilled team that demonstrates an aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies, evidenced by the ability to expand upon core knowledge. Our engineers are passionate about what they do and go above and beyond to assist not just the customer, but also their teammates and peers. “Work hard, play harder” is the motto of the team. The team is a good mix of engineers with varying years of experience in Cisco technologies and solutions, and each and every one of them bring phenomenal value to the table. Our collaborative delivery model drives scalability, productivity, and innovation across the CX organization. CX Centers strategic regions around the globe - Bangalore, Dalian, Lisbon, Mexico City, Krakow, and Raleigh - enabling a more consistent and relevant customer experience across barriers of time zone, language, and local regulations.
· You are a hardworking and skilled engineer who enjoys collaborating with a passion for customer support and innovation.
· You love learning, you enjoy self-learning and you like tackling new challenges.
· You'll be part of a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
You identify with the following traits:
· Customer Oriented: You have developed during your career you have developed good customer-oriented background, who understands customer needs and produces outcomes that match such
· : You display good and time management skills. You work well with others and are a phenomenal teammate.
· Consulting Engineer: You possess technical and you have the capacity to understand and connect customer use cases/plans with Cisco solutions and how Cisco solutions can be optimally applied in a customer’s environment to reach objectives.
· Results Oriented: You are accountable for the quality and timeliness of your deliveries.
· Responder: You are skilled at handling issues and managing customer expectations.
· Effective Communicator: You can deliver information in a confident and convincing manner, appropriate to a diverse audience that produces clarity and impact.
· Effective Leader: You lead by example. Be open, honest, passionate, no favoritism, treat everyone the same. Coach teammates and encourage growth.
· You have a Bachelors in a technical field (Networking/IT preferred) or equivalent.
· You have Customer Support Experience. 4+ years desired or 2+ with degree.
· Certification in Cisco technologies (CCNP).
· Comprehensive technical knowledge in the following technology/architecture areas: Networking (Routing, Switching).
· Platforms: Variants of ISR routers, Catalyst 2k,3k,4k, and 9k switches.
· Knowledge of other networking technologies, programming, and automation skills is a plus.
· You're capable to lead by example, mentor, and train others.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world-changing? Be you, with us!