Consulting Engineer - Enterprise R/S (1374206)
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Alternate LocationCentral or East coast Hours Coverage
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Candidates must live in the United States.
What You'll Do
Do you thrive in an environment that fosters teamwork and collaboration skills? We are seeking an individual in Wireless LAN technology to join some of the industry's brightest minds in developing and deploying today's most advanced Internet technologies. You will work closely with technology groups, solution engineers, system integrators, and project teams to design, build, test and deploy wireless solutions for our customers. You will assist in the design and development of consulting service products that can be consistently delivered by Cisco engineers.
You will maintain a strong expertise with Cisco Wireless LAN products and management solutions in order to consult the lifecycle of the engagement. You will interact between various Cisco business units, Cisco Partners and the Cisco Services Organization including technical support, sales, account management, etc. to carry out the assigned project tasks effectively. You may perform any of the following roles depending on specific engagements:
- Being a trusted advisor engaging in proactive network optimization.
- High-level design and low-level design, implementation and test plan creation.
- Troubleshooting customer network issues and helping to expedite case resolution.
- Acting as a Subject Matter Expert in customer facing situations.
- Supporting Greenfield and Brownfield RF design and remediation.
- Make use of a lab to support customer testing and feature validation.
- Ability to configure and manage Wireless LAN Controller best practices.
- Leverage programmability for implementation, reporting, and validation.
Who You Work With
You will be a part of Cisco Customer Experience Centers Professional Services (CX PS). We support global customer engagements across all theaters, acting as a flawless delivery partner to multiple organization within Cisco. Professional Services provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer needs while improving profitability. CX Centers are located in strategic regions around the globe - Bangalore, Dalian, Mexico City, Krakow and Raleigh (RTP) - enabling a more consistent and relevant customer experience across barriers of time zone, language and local laws.
Who You Are
You are a highly motivated individual willing to travel. Working location is based out of Raleigh, NC (RTP) or another region where Central or East coast Hours could have coverage. You're a self-starter who is motivated for technical excellence. You enjoy customer interaction and have deep knowledge of wireless and analytical skills. Individuals in this position will need to be goal oriented and expected to own/drive relationships with enterprise customers while coordinating with internal and external stakeholders.
- You have a BS/BE/ME/MS University degree or equivalent plus 5+ years’ experience in network engineering or telecommunications support environment.
- You own 5+ years of implementation and delivery experiences in networking and solutions in support of IP based networks.
- You're experienced with networking technology, such as LAN Switching & Routing and WLAN protocols and adjacent technologies.
- You have experience with Cisco Wireless products and technologies.
- You have exceptional communication (written, verbal and presentation) skills.
- Certification on Cisco technologies like CCIE, CCNP, CCNA, ECMS1/2, DEVASC.
- Wireless certifications like CWNE, CWNP, CWNA, ECSE, and various other industry leading wireless certifications.
- You have demonstrated abilities to juggle simultaneous work tasks ranging from system/solution integration to complex technical issues dealing with protocols, access points and other technical areas.
- Understanding of Cisco Meraki dashboard and API for management and implementation of wireless networks.
- Familiarity configuring Cisco AireOS, IOS-XE, and Meraki network elements.
- You are familiar with RF analysis and design using Ekahau or Airmagnet.
- Exposure to virtualization and cloud-based solutions, such as VMWare ESXi and AWS
- You possess knowledge of Cisco CMX, Hyper-location, RTLS, BLE products/technologies, LoRa WAN or equivalent 3rd party solutions.
- You have exposure to Wired networks and Network Security design and policy management using ISE.
- Familiarity with packet capture tools like WireShark.
- Experience using Cisco DNA Center with Assurance, DNA Spaces, and Prime Infrastructure
- Software Defined Access skillsets
- IoT product knowledge including, Fluidmesh, LoRa WAN, Cyber Vision, Connected Cities
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case-by-case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We Are Cisco:
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.#LI-ER1
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.