Consulting Engineer - Datacenter
Location:Pune, Maharashtra, India
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
What will you do:
- Provide Planning, Designing, Implementation, Operation and Optimization services to Cisco Advanced Services Customers around Cisco’s DC products and solutions. Participate in the preparation of proposals and Statements of Work. Establish trusted advisor relationship with customer management and teams on Data Center Infrastructure areas and future technology trends
- Participates in or leads complex DC/ Cloud infrastructure (network, storage and compute) design/implementation and migration, performance engineering or problem resolution projects. Solves complex, multi-functional issues that cross many technologies in network, server, storage, O/S, virtualization, consolidation, middleware, security, applications, operations, content switching, caching and/or content delivery networks, and security. Applies good analytic process to help bring any issue to resolution.
- Provides technical support for customers during software and hardware upgrades and Proof of Concepts. Delivers migration plans, with a thorough understanding on networked applications and related dependencies. Participates in weekly status meetings and other ad-hoc interactions with customers leading specific asks from the customer and leading customer expectations from Cloud Consumption engagements
- Support the PM in resolution of project issues. Track work against the engagement schedule and track financial, resource and material requirements for the engagements. Ensure smooth closure of engagements using relationship with the customer to guide them to the next step i.e. Sampler service to Assessment Service, Assessment Service to Optimization Service.
- Guide other consultants and engineers, resolving challenges and ensuring customer success. A high degree of raw analytic horse-power, logical reasoning ability, and curiosity. Be creative with a practical approach and have an intuitive feel for financial consequences of recommendations.
- You will be passionate about their area of expertise and be interested in a specialist track as a long-term career objective.
Who you’ll work with:
CX is a team of outstanding technical guides whose #1 focus is to deliver best-in-class customer experience. We help tackle the toughest business challenges with network-centric solutions that accelerate customer and partner success and dedication. Our success is measured through outstanding financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
Who you are:
- Requires BS/BE/BTech degree or equivalent plus 8+ years of related experience in IT industry.
- Good technical knowledge of the Data Center and its components: Applications, Storage, Network, Server and projects surrounding their planning, design, implementation, operation, and optimization.
- Cisco’s Data Center Product Line: ACI, Nexus Products (N7K, N5k, N2k, N1kV), Catalyst products (95xx, 65xx, 49xx switches) and UCS/Virtualization
- Knowledge of virtualisation tools and concepts. Architectural knowledge of Three-Tiered application environments. Experienced familiarity with cloud computing concepts including virtualisation, web services API's, elastic infrastructure, distributed data storage (database, block, object), multi-tenancy, and metered usage patterns.
- Storage technologies: file (NAS), block (SAN), object storage, transport (FCoE, iSCSI, etc), replication, backup, and performance. Programmatic control of infrastructure elements (data model, API), integration frameworks and technologies (SP-style).
- OSS / BSS, including: Network Management Systems, Service Delivery, Service Fulfillment (including the network inventory, activation and provisioning), Service Assurance, Customer Care
- CCIE Preferred, VCP Certification a plus
- Passionate, persuasive, charismatic inspiring leader capable of establishing executive interest in how to architect, deploy and operate the virtualized data center of the future. Understands and can articulate the value and business advantage of data center virtualization techniques and cloud architectures.
- Strong customer-facing sales and architectural skills. Core expertise to include design concepts, IT analysis/analytical thinking, innovation management, enterprise perspective and process knowledge. Analyzes opportunities with a strategic view; integrates business and technology requirements to achieve cross-domain solutions that work across the enterprise; applies methodologies that are appropriate for multiple users / technology platforms.
- Good understanding of the industry landscape (competitors and partners). High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning, and creative problem solving skills. Ability to shift from high-level thinking to realistic and pragmatic execution is important.
- Solid grasp of the end-to-end IT process, including architecture, design & engineering, implementation, and operations; Excellent written and verbal communications skills: ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers. Willingness and ability to work with teams, ability to form relationships using an open and respectful communication and collaboration style
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.