Consulting Engineer - Datacenter (Nexus/ACI)
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
What will you do:
- Provide Planning, Designing, Implementation, Operation and Optimization services to Cisco Advanced Services Customers around Cisco’s Data Center products and solutions. Participate in the preparation of proposals and Statements of Work. Establish trusted advisor relationship with customer management and teams on Data Center Infrastructure areas and future technology trends
- Participates in or leads sophisticated Data Center and Cloud infrastructure (network, storage and compute) design/implementation and migration, performance engineering or problem resolution projects. Solves sophisticated, multi-functional issues that cross many technologies in network, server, storage, O/S, virtualization, consolidation, middleware, security, applications, operations, content switching, caching and/or content delivery networks, and security. Applies good analytic process to help bring any issue to resolution.
- Provides technical support for customers during software and hardware upgrades and Proof of Concepts. Delivers migration plans, with a detailed understanding on networked applications and related dependencies. Ensure compliance to delivery methodology operational structure, roles & responsibilities. Participates in weekly status meetings and other ad-hoc interactions with customer handling specific asks from the customer and managing customer expectations from Cloud Consumption engagements
- Supporting the PM in resolution of project issues. Track work against the engagement schedule and support the PM track financial, resource and material requirements for the engagements. Ensure smooth closure of engagements using relationship with the customer to guide them to the next step i.e. Sampler service to Assessment Service, Assessment Service to Optimization Service.
- Guide other consultants and engineers, resolving challenges and ensuring customer success. A high degree of raw analytic horse-power, logical reasoning ability, and curiosity. Be creative with a practical approach and have an intuitive feel for financial consequences of recommendations. This individual will be passionate about their area of expertise and be interested in a specialist track as a long-term career objective. The winning candidate will have a clear record of achievement, a willingness to work hard and perseverance to make things happen
Who you will work with:
CX is a team of outstanding technical guides whose #1 focus is to deliver best-in-class customer experience. We help tackle the toughest business challenges with network-centric solutions that accelerate customer and partner success and dedication. Our success is measured through outstanding financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
These capabilities expand Cisco's technical reach across all Cisco architectures - Borderless Networks, Teamwork, Data Center/Virtualization, Mobility, Video, NGN and OSS. Through our network of Customer Experience Center (CXCs) we enable delivery of innovative services and solutions. Our collaborative delivery model drives scalability, productivity and innovation across the AS organization. CXCs are located in strategic regions around the globe - Bangalore, Dalian, Mexico City, Krakow and Raleigh - enabling a more consistent and relevant customer experience across barriers of time zone, language and local regulations.
Who you are:
- Typically requires university degree equivalent along with 6+ years of experience in network engineering or telecommunications support environment
- Any Data Center related certification (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE etc.)
- Knowledge of vertical markets and understanding customer challenges
- Able to demonstrate experience working with large sophisticated projects and strategic account teams.
- Strong Nexus 5K/7K/9K platforms product architecture
- vPC, fabricpath, STP
- Data Center Layer 2 overlays for example VXLAN, EVPN
- Layer 2 security features for example port security, MACsec, ACL, private VLANs
- Layer 3 Overlay Protocols (OTV, LISP)
- Network management protocols for example PTP, NTP, DNS, DHCP
- Expert level knowledge in the areas of: IP internetworking, LAN Switching Protocols (MLS, CEF, Trunking (802.1Q), STP, HSRP, LACP/PAGP), IP Routing protocols(IGRP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP).
- Intermediate level knowledge & working experience on Cisco’s Application Centric Infrastructure.
- Experience in scripting languages (PS, Python, JS, Shell) is a plus
- Hands on Experience with technologies like NAE, DCNM is a strong plus.
- Soft Skills :
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers.
- Strong consulting & client-facing skills to include multi-functional influence, external and internal consulting.
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.