Consulting Engineer - DC/ACI/EN - Mumbai - Work from Office - Rotational Shift
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Technical Support Engineers to join our dynamic team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing Expert Technical Support to our customers, focusing on Cisco's Data Centre Routing and Switching Technology Portfolio. This role encompasses Traditional Networks as well as Cisco ACI-based Fabrics, requiring a deep understanding of Cisco technologies spread across Cisco DCN, WAN Routing and Switching portfolio, along with excellent troubleshooting skills, and exceptional customer service. Desired years of experience 7 to 10 years.
This position is based on-site in Navi Mumbai, India, and will be focused on supporting one or more of the largest BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance) customers for Cisco. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with key stakeholders in a dynamic and critical business environment.
Job Type: Full Time Cisco
Approximately 10% Domestic per annum
- The role requires flexibility in working hours to accommodate the needs of our customer base.
- The Technical Support Engineer will be expected to work in rotating shifts, covering US, India, and EMEA time zones as necessary to ensure 24/7 support coverage.
- Role is 100% onsite
- Customer Support:
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries, troubleshoot, and resolve issues related to Cisco Data Center Networking and ACI technologies.
- Provide remote support and on-site assistance as required, ensuring timely issue resolution.
- Working in co-ordination with customer and customer NI team ensuring to get deep understanding of customer network and traffic flows.
- Technical Expertise:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of Cisco Data Center Routing and Switching technologies, including both Traditional Networks and ACI-based Fabrics.
- Stay updated on the latest developments in Cisco technologies and incorporate them into troubleshooting and support activities.
- Troubleshooting and Problem Resolution:
- Excellent knack to Diagnose and resolve complex network issues involving Cisco hardware, software, and protocols in the shortest period of time.
- Ability to use advanced Troubleshooting methodologies
- Deep command of software diagnostic capabilities (traces, logs, show commands, performance measurements, deep knowledge of Switching and Routing protocols).
- Utilize network programming languages like Python and automation tools such as Ansible for efficient data collection, correlation and issue resolution.
- Provide technical troubleshooting and guidance during maintenance windows.
- Ability to work on interoperability scenarios
- Ability to Setup simulation topologies within the client network or in Cisco labs to recreate complex or intermittent issues, identifying causes, triggers, and potential solutions.
- Maintenance Window Support:
- Collaborate with clients and network operators to plan and execute maintenance windows effectively.
- Creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to escalated issues.
- Define Maintenance Window Actions, Objectives, and review or prepare Method of Procedures (MOP) encompassing Execution Steps, Timing, Plan-B/Recovery Options, Validation Steps/Methods, and benchmarks.
- Ensure technical governance of the maintenance window to guarantee a successful outcome.
- Lead or contribute to Systems/Service recovery plans for potential failure scenarios.
- Provide problem root-cause analysis at the network infrastructure and application level and produce detailed technical reports that include root causes, next steps, and recommendations for corrective and preventive actions.
- Work with TAC team to recreate the issue and drive towards root-cause analysis
- Shorten the time to resolution during complex situations by using knowledge of the customer network and their operations.
- Provide technical oversight during maintenance window execution, ensuring adherence to established procedures and minimizing service interruptions.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Proactively identify areas for improvement in network performance, reliability, and efficiency.
- Collaborate with internal teams to implement enhancements, updates, and optimizations based on identified improvement opportunities.
- Contribute to the development of new tools, processes, and best practices to streamline support and maintenance activities.
- Configuration Best Practices Audit:
- Perform regular audits of network configurations against Cisco's Design and Configuration recommendations.
- Ensure adherence to best practices and recommend adjustments to optimize network performance and security.
- Collaborate with network operators to implement recommended configuration enhancements.
- Software Life Cycle Recommendations and Bug Scrubs:
- Undertake bug scrubs against target software releases as suggested by Cisco TAC, Cisco Engineering, or other Cisco reference documents.
- Scrutinize software releases for features and capabilities relevant to the client's deployment.
- Leverage Cisco CX and Engineering scrub tools, methods, and processes to ensure software reliability and address potential issues.
- Strong understanding of PSIRT & Field notice and provide recommendations on the customer installed based on regular basis.
- Automation Skills:
- Apply automation skills to streamline repetitive tasks and enhance overall operational efficiency.
- Develop and maintain scripts and automation playbooks using languages like Python to automate network processes and tasks.
- Tool Proficiency:
- Proficiency in network topology tools such as MS Visio or equivalent for creating and documenting network designs.
- Familiarity with common customer tools including but not limited to NMS, Ticketing, Knowledge and Document Management, Syslog's,Data Correlation, etc.
- Understanding and ability to use troubleshooting tools such as Wireshark and equivalent tools.
- Soft Skills:
- Self-Leaner and a love for troubleshooting and getting under the hood.
- Team player who leads by helping others and being available when the client/team needs them
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to stay calm and focused during outages and client escalations.
- Think on the feet to make quick and effective decisions under pressure.
- Engage Cisco, partner, and/or customer stakeholders to restore services at the earliest, using any method agreeable to the client.
- Build lasting trust and interpersonal relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Demonstrate the ability to address senior management at the client, partner, or Cisco.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation, including knowledge base articles, troubleshooting guides, best practices, and comprehensive records of maintenance window activities.
- Document automated solutions using scripts and playbooks for future reference.
- Customer Training:
- Conduct training sessions for customers to enhance their understanding of Cisco Data Center Networking technologies, with a focus on automation, scripting, configuration best practices, software life cycle management, tool usage, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration:
- Work closely with internal teams, including Engineering, Sales, and Product Management, to communicate customer needs and contribute to product improvement.
- Collaborate with Cisco TAC (Technical Assistance Center) for advanced issue resolution and contribute to the development of automated support tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics and Communication, Computer science, Information Technology, or related field:
- A solid foundation in Electronics and Communication, computer science or a related field provides the fundamental knowledge required for understanding networking principles and technologies.
- Cisco Certifications:
- CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional):
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and skills in Cisco networking.
- Validates the ability to plan, implement, verify, and troubleshoot complex network solutions.
- CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert) Preferred
- A highly regarded expert-level certification that demonstrates a deep understanding of Cisco networking technologies.
- Validates expert-level knowledge and skills in designing, implementing, managing, and troubleshooting complex network infrastructures.
Additional Certifications (Desirable):
- ITIL Foundation Certification:
- Demonstrates an understanding of IT service management best practices, which is valuable for working in a support and maintenance role.
- Automation and Programming Certifications:
- Python Certification (e.g., Python Institute Certifications):
- Validates proficiency in Python programming, a valuable skill for automation in networking.
- Vendor-Specific Certifications (Other than Cisco):
- Depending on the specific technology stack used by the organization, additional certifications from other relevant vendors may be beneficial. Experience with Riverbed is desirable.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco typically pays as follows:
.75% of incentive target for each 1% of revenue attainment up to 50% of quota;
1.5% of incentive target for each 1% of attainment between 50% and 75%;
1% of incentive target for each 1% of attainment between 75% and 100%; and once performance exceeds 100% attainment, incentive rates are at or above 1% for each 1% of attainment with no cap on incentive compensation.
For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.