Consulting Engineer Customer delivery - AAA/VPN/any security firewalls, design & implementation 8+yrs
Area of InterestProfessional Services
What you will do:
- Responsible for delivering Cisco Advanced Services portfolio in the area of Cyber Security Services, which includes Advisory, Implementation and Optimization services, in customer environments including enterprise, public sector and service provider areas.
- Provides guidance and oversight to team members giving technical support for customers during software and hardware upgrades.
- Delivers migration plans, with a thorough understanding on networked applications and related dependencies
- Leverages consultative approaches in building relationships with SMEs, both internal and external, to develop solutions.
- Creates customer deliverable documentation including High Level Designs, Low Level Designs and Test Plans for the entire Security portfolio.
- Leads design workshops and delivers consultancy services to customer.
- Works to understand the changing business needs and help aligning team goals to provide meaningful solutions for our customers.
- Acts as the technical specialist for most complex deployments and as a technical team leader in key engagements.
- Cooperates in the process of capturing, developing, sharing, and effectively using organizational knowledge and lead knowledge management in the area of Security Services.
- Leads efforts to drive continuous improvement as a key practice.
Who you will work with:
- Interacts with Cisco's customers working within an extended cross-functional team including project manager and account team members (Products and Services Sales; Systems and Consulting Systems Engineers).
- Works, with both internal and external teams, to come up with ways to optimize processes, and to improve efficiency using automation wherever possible
Who you are:
- Expertise in Security technology domain with demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following areas - Firewall, IPS/IDS, Admission Control, Content Security, SIEM, SOC, encryption, VPN etc.
- Proven experience in implementing Security solutions across Enterprise and Service provider environments
- Experience in preparing, planning, and designing, implementing and optimizing Security solutions and a broader understanding of Cyber Security industry trends.
- Demonstrated Subject Matter Expertise in Cisco ASA Firewall, Cisco NG IPS, Identity Services Engine, content security, third party security products & solutions.
- Fluency in a wide range of Security protocols including TCP/IP, encryption protocols, application layer protocols, network & link layer protocols, device & network management protocols.
- Fluency in operational disciplines (systems management, systems monitoring, change management).
- Experience in developing end-to-end solutions with both Cisco and selective third party components. Given a set of business requirements, can provide a complete technical solution for medium to large enterprise of moderate complexity.
- Ability to grasp complex design concepts quickly and be able to provide the right solutions to the clients.
- Ability to troubleshoot, own and resolve implementation problems during migrations.
Delivery Excellence and Customer Orientation:
- Has clarity on Project Lifecycle Management and strong Process Orientation leading to quality and customer satisfaction outcomes.
- Is equipped to manage stakeholders and customers in a complex and high-touch delivery environment. Has competence in managing customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Has led projects effectively, involving diverse matrixed teams, SMEs and supporting function leads.
- Has a track record of Trusted Advisor roles in medium to large accounts.
- Ownership of business outcomes reflected in quality, timeliness and reliability of delivery.
Qualifications and Certifications:
- Requires BS/BE/B.Tech degree or equivalent.
- 8 to 10 years of experience in Security technologies.
- Certified Expertise in Security (CCIE or equivalent).
- Certified in Process Areas (ITIL/ TOGAF/ ISO/BPM/ PCI/ HIPAA, etc). Working Knowledge in Quality Systems and Industry Standards.
- Working exposure in at least two Industry Verticals/Domains.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!