Consulting Engineer - Content Development Analyst
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Who You’ll Work With:
Working as a part of Cisco Professional Services Security team delivering Security Operation Center (SOC) services for one of our strategic customers in Saudi Arabia. You will collaborate with other the local onsite team and team leads dedicated for the customer (working Sunday to Thursday local time hours 6 AM- 3 PM).
What You’ll Do:
- Develop process design and detection workflows for SOC and business tools.
- Support governance based on best practices and facilitates proper alignment to projects and major initiatives.
- Support analysis of the current environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommends solutions for improvement.
- Support analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on security services architecture.
- Utilize capability modeling to align systems strategy and planning with business strategy and goals.
- Consult with project teams to identify when it is necessary to modify infrastructure and security services to accommodate project needs.
- Consult with architecture teams to identify when it is necessary to modify the technical architecture to accommodate infrastructure and security needs.
- Participate in the documentation of developed content, architecture and analysis work.
- Develop highly-extensible, scalable, and SIEM content services that can be adopted and integrated in a wide range of Cybersecurity use cases.
Who You Are:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Experience with architecting, implementing, and operating Splunk or other big data platforms
- Experience with IDS, IPS, and SIEM appliance architecture, operations, and management (especially ArcSight and Splunk)
- Experience working in a globally distributed enterprise environment
- Experience with monitoring use case implementation methodologies
- Knowledge of Linux, Unix and Microsoft operating systems
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols
- Experience using regex (regular expressions) with a scripting language (nix shells, python, c++, ruby, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving ability
- Troubleshooting skills and strong technical learning aptitude
- Previous Experience with Demisto (SOAR) is an advantage
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.