Consulting Engineer: Compute - UCS Hyperflex (1372736)
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Consulting Engineer – Compute UCS/Hyperflex
What You'll Do
- Provide Planning, Designing, Implementation, Operation and Optimization services to Cisco Professional Services Customers around Cisco’s DC products and solutions. Participate in the preparation of proposals and Statements of Work. Establish trusted advisor relationship with customer management and teams on Data Center Infrastructure areas and future technology trends
- Participates in or leads complex DC/ Cloud infrastructure (network, storage and compute) design/implementation and migration, performance engineering or problem resolution projects. Solves complex, multi-functional issues that cross many technologies in network, server, storage, O/S, virtualization, consolidation, middleware, security, applications, operations, content switching, caching and/or content delivery networks, and security. Applies good analytic process to help bring any issue to resolution.
- Provides technical support for customers during software and hardware upgrades and Proof of Concepts. Delivers migration plans, with a thorough understanding on networked applications and related dependencies. Participates in weekly status meetings and other ad-hoc interactions with customers leading specific asks from the customer and leading customer expectations from Cloud Consumption engagements
- Support the PM in resolution of project issues. Track work against the engagement schedule and track financial, resource and material requirements for the engagements. Ensure smooth closure of engagements using relationship with the customer to guide them to the next step i.e. Sampler service to Assessment Service, Assessment Service to Optimization Service.
- Guide other consultants and engineers, resolving challenges and ensuring customer success. A high degree of raw analytic horse-power, logical reasoning ability, and curiosity. Be creative with a practical approach and have an intuitive feel for financial consequences of recommendations.
- You will be passionate about their area of expertise and be interested in a specialist track as a long-term career objective.
Who You'll Work With
- CX is a team of outstanding technical guides whose #1 focus is to deliver best-in-class customer experience. We help tackle the toughest business challenges with network-centric solutions that accelerate customer and partner success and dedication. Our success is measured through outstanding financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
- The CX Center provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer needs while improving profitability for Professional Services (PS) delivery teams. CXC’s highly technical, global resources support customer engagements in all theaters acting as a precise delivery partner to PS practice and theatre teams.
Who You Are
- Requires 3+ years of related experience in IT industry.
- Good technical knowledge of the Data Center and its components: Applications, Storage, Network, Server and projects surrounding their planning, design, implementation, operation, and optimization.
- Cisco’s Data Center Product Line: Focusing on Cisco UCS Compute platforms including Hyperflex, Operating Systems and Virtualization (Microsoft, RedHat, and VMware). Working knowledge of ACI, Nexus Products (N7K, N5k, N2k, N1kV) and Catalyst products (95xx, 65xx, 49xx switches).
- Knowledge of virtualization tools and concepts. Architectural knowledge of Three-Tiered application environments. Experienced familiarity with cloud computing concepts including virtualization, web services API's, elastic infrastructure, distributed data storage (database, block, object), multi-tenancy, and metered usage patterns.
- Storage technologies: file (NAS), block (SAN), object storage, transport (FCoE, iSCSI, etc), replication, backup, and performance. Programmatic control of infrastructure elements (data model, API), integration frameworks and technologies (SP-style).
- OSS / BSS, including: Network Management Systems, Service Delivery, Service Fulfillment (including the network inventory, activation and provisioning), Service Assurance, Customer Care
- BS/BE/BTech degree or equivalent
- CCIE Preferred, VCP Certification a plus
- Passionate, persuasive, charismatic inspiring leader capable of establishing executive interest in how to architect, deploy and operate the virtualized data center of the future. Understands and can articulate the value and business advantage of data center virtualization techniques and cloud architectures.
- Strong customer-facing sales and architectural skills. Core expertise to include design concepts, IT analysis/analytical thinking, innovation management, enterprise perspective and process knowledge. Analyzes opportunities with a strategic view; integrates business and technology requirements to achieve cross-domain solutions that work across the enterprise; applies methodologies that are appropriate for multiple users / technology platforms.
- Good understanding of the industry landscape (competitors and partners). High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning, and creative problem-solving skills. Ability to shift from high-level thinking to realistic and pragmatic execution is important.
- Proven grasp of the end-to-end IT process, including architecture, design & engineering, implementation, and operations; Excellent written and verbal communications skills: ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers. Willingness and ability to work with teams, ability to build relationships using an open and respectful communication and collaboration style
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us! #LI-ER1
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.