Consulting Engineer - Bachelor/Master (Graduate) -Switzerland
Location:Wallisellen, Zurich, Switzerland
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Job TypeNew Graduate
Start Date: 31 July 2019 or 01 September 2019
Location: Wallisellen/ Zurich
Training locations: Amsterdam or Krakow
Why You’ll Love Cisco
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give you smart cities, connected cars and hospitals. Cisco didn’t just build the Internet. We keep building it. We believe our innovation and our edge comes from our people.
- Ranked in the top 30 best places to work globally by both Fortune and LinkedIn, you’ll be joining a world recognised brand with a great reputation.
- Cisco has a strong culture of openness, trust and fun. You’ll be working with some of the best brains in the business in a supportive, connected and technologically advanced environment. Check out our People Deal manifesto!
- Our employees have great work-life balance and celebrate their birthdays on Cisco! This means that you will be able to take your own birthday day off and enjoy an extra day’s holiday.
- Work for the benefit of everyone. All our employees receive 5 days a year to pursue voluntary causes they are passionate about through our ‘Time2Give’ initiative.
- We ensure you are recognised for you contribution to Cisco through bonus schemes and our reward program ‘Connected Recognition’.
Associate Solutions Engineer:
You will be part of our Cisco Associates Program (CSAP), a 12-months award-winning graduate training program for young talent aspiring to move into engineering roles. For the first 6 months you will learn about the latest technology advancements and how to position Cisco’s architectures, solutions and products to our customers. During the second part of your CSAP year, you will move into an engineering role as part of your on-the-job-experience within the Global Virtual Engineering Team and continue your technical training by acquiring Cisco industry certifications (CCNA and CCNP). Based in Amsterdam, you will be actively involved in solutions design opportunities and assigned to specific projects that align to your skill set. Your training takes place in Amsterdam alongside talented individuals like yourself, from different Countries and diverse backgrounds. Early on, you will make long-lasting friendships and join a rich human network that will support you throughout your career. You will expand your software and networking knowledge to collaborate with Cisco professionals and to provide technical solutions for our Customers and Partners. You will learn from top experts and coaches in a unique classroom setting, using our own ‘state-of-the-art’ collaboration technology. You will have your own mentor, a successful CSAP Alumnus who has been in your shoes and who will guide you in your first year
Associate Consulting Engineer:
For your first 6 months of your career you’ll join a team of graduates from all over Europe at our training hub in Krakow Poland. This is a great time for you to network with and learn from your peers, and to have lots of fun. Your training is a unique blend of classroom based lectures, lab work, shadowing and job rotation and you will be able to acquire Cisco Industry certifications. You will then return to your country of application to start an exciting career as an Associate Consulting Engineer. There will be a strong emphasis on customer interaction – answering questions, providing technical recommendations and advice, uncovering unmet needs through consultation. You will continue developing through constant learning opportunities, keeping informed about the latest trends within technology and resolving customer issues through your own research and study. When working with customers you will be responsible for installing, configuring and integrating new solutions and applications for your clients. You’ll have the opportunity to build and test your configurations and designs in Cisco labs. There will be plenty of opportunity to travel and you will need to meet and influence customer face to face.
Who You Are:
- You have minimum BSc/BA from a 3-4 year program in science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
- You are fluent in English in German
- A technology enthusiast, enjoying talking about innovation and always keeping up with the latest technology news.
- A strong communicator with the confidence to engage and talk to a wide range of people.
- View team collaboration as instrumental to achieving success.
- Enjoy looking at practical real life challenges and think creatively to solve them.
- Approach situations with an open and curious mind, taking on challenges with an eye for opportunity.
Are you ready to change the World?
Make your mark on the businesses of the future and apply now at jobs.cisco.com.
Please mention in your application which of the area/areas mentioned above are of interest to you. If selected, during the interview you will find out more about the projects available in that area.