Consulting Engineer - BCS - Routing, Switching (SDA/SD-WAN/Wireless/Automation) 6+ Years
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You'll Do :
- Drives technology design, implementation, execution and/or optimization for customer projects/accounts.
- Works with customers to plan, design, configure and/or diagnose Cisco’s suite of products, services and solutions to accelerate customer outcomes
- Assists customers with integration and implementation of tools, systems and service assurance
- Supports presale activities and translate business requirements into solution design
- Builds customer simulations in test labs to resolve/validate complex problems and compatibility issues
- Crafts and delivers customer collateral, portals, documentation and knowledge transfer
- Aligns technical work to customer business outcomes
- Drives customer technology transitions, influencing solution architectures and services
- Aligns with and supports company policies and processes and utilizes relevant tools to optimal execute the role and support Professional Services’ strategies and goals
- Individual contributor
Who You'll Work with :
Global CX Centers is a team of best-in-class technical specialists whose #1 focus is to help customers plan, design, deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, increasing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores.
Lets you harness the power of Cisco’s Collaborative Intelligence, which combines technology specialists with machine learning and artificial intelligence to achieve business outcomes faster. Build a resilient, adaptive, and transformative IT environment, anywhere, with less risk and a bigger return on your investment.
In today’s fast paced business world, you need technology to help drive competitive advantage. Cisco® Business Critical Services (BCS) is a multi-architecture, tiered subscription service that provides key IT roles with trusted expertise, powered by analytics, insights, and automation, to drive higher performance and accelerate transformation, every step of the technology journey.
From the development of a strategic technology roadmap, we begin by helping you define the right technology solution for your business. Then we work with you to jointly identify use cases that align to your most pressing technology challenges. Once these are identified, we’ll shift to the next phase of the journey to identify learning and skills maps,
Behind every team of trusted Cisco specialists, we employ analytics, automation, and remediation technology (AART) to deliver tailored insights and smarter actions across your IT landscape. Our proprietary analytics, algorithm patents, massive data sets, and machine learning — securely, automatically, and intelligently deliver unmatched insights across your Cisco architectures.
Who You Are :
- Typically requires BE/B.Tech/BSC Computer Science or equivalent 6+ plus years of meaningful work experience. Sophisticated degree strongly preferred.
- Professional level (e.g. CCNP, CCIE) or equivalent certification desired.
- Has solid grasp of software programmability, automation, orchestration and/or virtualization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to function in ambiguous circumstances. Possesses customer consulting skills including ability to build relationships with customers, engineers, managers level & above.
- Demonstrates expertise on broad range of technologies and delivery methods.
- Excellent knowledge and exposure in one or more of the below tech domains –
- Routing & Switching in Enterprise Domain – Cisco Enterprise Product portfolio, SDA SDWAN, IP internetworking, LAN Switching, Protocols (HSRP, GLBP, VRRP, STP, MST, RSTP, VTP and SPAN)
- Routing & Switching SP Domain - XR, Cisco Service Provider Product portfolio, MPLS, BNG, Segment Routing, L2VPN and L3VPN, IP Routing (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, RIP, ISIS, NAT, PAT and IPv4 & IPv6)
- Data Center LAN Switching(Nexus), ACI, Compute technologies (UCS, Hyperflex), (VPC, FEX, Fabricpath, VxLAN, LISP, OTV, FCoE, DCNM and ACI)
Why Cisco :
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while tackling for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.