Consulting Engineer - ACI
Location:Offsite, New York, US
Additional Location(s)Any East or Central Timezone Location
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
What You'll Do
Cisco's Software Cloud and Networking Services team is one of the highest growing areas at Cisco. Passionate about the management and automation of customer’s hybrid IT, consultants work with some of the largest and thought-leading customers in the world. This Professional Services group helps build solutions, leads implementations, and enables customer self-sufficiency on market-leading Cisco software products.
Who You'll Work With
As a Solution Architect, you will report directly into the Cloud and Network Services Delivery Team with primary responsibility for the installation, integration, customization and delivery of Cisco Software products focusing on cloud and networking orchestration and automation. There will be significant customer interaction including on-site delivery for POCs, Production-Pilots and Production deployments. You may travel up to 50% per year - though travel will vary depending on the project.
Who You Are
* You install, deploy, or configure Enterprise solutions for customers.
* Integrate systems to multiple enterprise applications.
* Transfer knowledge of implemented software and processes to customer in hands-on sessions, and by creating customer-facing documentation.
* You're able to explain technical issues and present information in a concise manner to both technical and non-technical personnel.
* You maintain effective working relationships with assigned customers and project managers.
* You effectively work independently and as part of a team to implement solutions for customers
* Generates network configurations from Low Level Design for highly complex networks
* Plans and executes highly complex Network Upgrade and Network Migration activity.
* Typically requires BS, CS, or University degree equivalent and 8+ years relevant experience in network engineering or telecommunications support environment. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
* CCIE or relevant 5 years’ experience
* Communication skills to include conflict management, negotiation, presentation/demonstration, and written communication.
* Excellent troubleshooting skills.
* Document creation of technical documentation, for internal and external customer such as method of procedures, solution design, installation procedures, testing procedures, troubleshooting guides, etc.
The Solutions Architect’s primary role is positioning, architecting and delivering service solutions around Cisco's Enterprise technologies and integrating them into the customer's overall data center architecture and design. The engineer will be expected to work on Enterprise, commercial and Service Provider segments . This position will help drive sales, serve as data center subject matter expert, lead delivery efforts and mentor other technical consultants within the team. Since this is a high profile position with interface to Cisco's premier customers, travel is required and can be anywhere from 25 - 60% of the time.
Experience/Skills: The ideal candidate will have deep technical expertise and expert knowledge of Cisco's Enterprise products and solutions. Candidate must be self-motivated, team oriented and must possess strong interpersonal and presentation skills. The following skillsets are thus desired of this candidate:
● 6-10 years within Advanced / Professional Service role(s)
● 3-5 years experience leading ACI Design and Implementation Engagements
● Experience with ACI L4-7 and Firewall integration
● Experience with App Centric ACI Design and Integration is a plus
● Expert level knowledge in Cisco ACI architecture and products
● Expert level knowledge in Data Center architecture
● Experience with Nexus 9K and VXLAN
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Demonstrated leadership of large complex projects
● Experience with Cisco Nexus platforms, VMWare, and server virtualization and UCS desired
● Bachelor degree preferred
● Cisco Certified Internet Expert (CCIE) Data Center
● Strong Routing & Switching skills.
● Experience in programming Python
● Experience with UCS Central and/or UCS Director
● Experience with Linux
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are inspiring leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco