Connected Contracts - Contracts Negotiator
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Additional Location(s)Austin, Texas
Area of InterestLegal
What You Will Do
This is a senior Strategic Contract Negotiator role leading all strategic and enterprise negotiations and contract strategy for Technology. A successful candidate will report into the Director of Connected Contracts supporting this essential global contract position in either Research Triangle Park, North Carolina or Austin, Texas. Connected contracts is bringing new levels of value to Cisco through strong processes and governance and deep negotiating and contracting skills while continually ensuring a digitized, insight-driven contracting experience. This position will play a meaningful role in providing end-to-end contracting services within Cisco and contribute directly to this innovative and continuous improvement environment. Drafts, negotiates and closes a wide variety of complex contracts worldwide supporting such areas as, but not limited to Software as a Service, Cloud Services, Software Licensing, Professional Services for software implementations and Telecom.
- Provide contract leadership to enable Cisco’s success in areas such as Software as a Service, Cloud Services and Telecom.
- Deliver ongoing improvements to simplify and optimize contract templates, standards and processes throughout the procurement cycle, across the range of contract documents including software licenses and cloud service engagements.
- Collaborate with the service owners to deliver an agile contract engagement model that supports the implementation of evolving business requirements and processes by providing guidance, defining contracting strategies and engaging across a diverse range of business functions, including legal, infosec, finance, tax, compliance, insurance etc
- Collaborate with all levels of management and cross-functional teams to successfully close on project contracts.
- Support and deploy technology and digital transformation within Connected Contracts including the use of cognitive analysis, machine learning, and AI to enable an improved end-to-end contracting experience.
- Ensure proper contract administration, including obtaining contract approval, electronic signature, filing, tracking and reporting.
Who You Will Work With
Global Procurement Services (GPS) is responsible for the enterprise-wide-procurement of all Cisco indirect goods and services. GPS is a key partner to all regional, global and strategic Cisco Businesses, functions service delivery teams managing all sourcing, contracting, supplier management, and buying activities. The successful candidate will deliver premier contracts services from GPS to help drive business value and support profitable growth worldwide.
Who You Are
You have the ability to understand and successfully resolve complex legal and business issues typically encountered in service outsourcing contracts, most notably in the area of (logistics). You have experience leading and working in cross-functional teams in a dynamic, continually evolving autonomous global work environment. You have a proven track record of direct engagement with executives and leaders at all levels, including demonstrated effective communications, presentations, and analysis skills.
- Bachelors Degree, with Masters, JD or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- 5 - 7 years of experience or more in reviewing, drafting and negotiating complex outsourcing contracts
- Strong understanding of contract formation, terminology, and negotiations
- Demonstrated success negotiating at a strategic enterprise level.
- Digitization skills with experience using SAP Ariba and/or Seal software is a plus
- Experience identifying and successfully resolving legal and business issues typically encountered in procurement contracts.
- Documented history working in a SaaS environment and negotiating SaaS deals with the ability to articulate special requirements of this business model. Experience in a SaaS company is a plus.
- Ability to influence at all levels to achieve desired results including connecting contract structure and language to practical business outcomes.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of contract law and practices including obligations and risks associated with customer maintenance service delivery, business and technical acumen to negotiate and draft highly technical and detailed statements of work, craft effective incentives toward greater business value, ensure clear and enforceable KPIs/remedies.
- Demonstrable ability in key areas necessary for contracting success; issue spotting, dispute resolution, negotiation and persuasive acumen, technical knowledge, precision in written and verbal communication, acute listening skills, and even confident disposition.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an expansive future for all.
We adopt digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.