Compliance Analyst (Product Certification)
Location:Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Area of InterestSupply Chain
Who You'll Work With
You will report to the Manager for Corporate Compliance EMEA based in Brussels / Belgium. You will be working closely together with your manager, the local sales teams and the business units in order to have the priorities defined for the products to be certified in South Africa. You establish and maintain good relationships with the certification agencies such as NRCS, ICASA, SABS… as well as with the customs agencies.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for the certification (type approval) of Cisco products in South Africa and potentially other countries in the region. This requires to be (or to become) familiar with the Radio, EMC, Safety, Telecom, Energy Efficiency regulations and related certification procedures.. As South Africa is strongly aligned with EU regulation and EU standards, being (or becoming) familiar with the EU regulations is an asset.
The function also requires you to be (or to become) familiar with the import procedures, as often the import procedures are linked to product compliance. That might also require close cooperation with other Cisco departments such as Logistics, Tax, Export Compliance or with external partners and/or customs agencies.
You need to understand how to approach the authorities and how to develop and negotiate contracts or conditions with the authorities or certification bodies including organizing factory visits as they might be part of the certification process in some countries. You will establish and maintain an excellent relationship with those authorities.
You will also support the local partners/distributors with the customs/importation.
You make the obtained approval certificates available for our local partners/distributors by uploading them into the various internal databases.
You were closely together with your colleagues responsible for other countries in the EMEAR region, and in particular with the compliance engineer based in Nigeria supporting the rest of the African continent.
Where possible, you will influence local regulations in order to reduce the burden of approvals by having international standards accepted rather than national standards.
Who You Are
· You have at least one year of experience in product certification in similar industry (Telecommunications or IT).
· Ideally you are familiar with the Radio, EMC, Safety, Telecom, Energy Efficiency regulations and related certification procedures in South Africa.
· You are familiar with import procedures.
· Fluent in English is a must.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco