Compiler/Debugger Software Development Engineer
Location:Milpitas, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Software Development, Testing, Wireless, Mobility
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. Since 1984, Cisco has led in the innovation of IP-based networking technologies such as routing, switching, security, unified communications, video, and wireless. Our responsible business practices help ensure business sustainability and environmentally conscious operations and products.
What You’ll Do
This individual will have a genuine interest in compiler and debugging technologies, hardware, operating and networking systems. Play a critical role in groundbreaking technologies in areas of compilers, debuggers, and sanitizers at Cisco. You will be actively involved with the open-source communities and craft the company's software development methodologies and processes as well as a keen eye for detail and a passion for quality. As an engineer the drive to improve Cisco software development tools and processes will be front and center.
Who You Are
Minimum requirements for this role
- Master of Science degree + 2 years of related experience or PhD degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Strong C/C++ and Python coding skills in Linux environment
- Experience with compilers, linkers, debuggers, and core files
- Good understanding of Git/Gerrit
- Strong problem solving and software development/troubleshooting skills
- Strong self-motivation for solving problems and innovating with genuine intent to improve the customer experience
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced dynamic environment with little supervision
- Contributions to LLVM, GDB, or other open-source compiler and debugger projects
- Knowledgeable on state-of-art compiler, developer, and productivity tools
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!