Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Alternate LocationSJC, US
Area of InterestHuman Resources
What You’ll Do
As a compensation consultant, you’ll serve as a strategic partner to senior executives in the Engineering function and aligned P&C partners. You will apply Cisco’s compensation philosophy, strategy, and practices to the business’s people strategy and rewards decisions while also influencing the design and delivery of Cisco’s compensation programs to meet business needs. You will be responsible for providing compensation expertise, market analysis and insights, training, and coaching to business leaders and P&C partners. You will also lead projects that support the broader Engineering Compensation team, such as developing cost models, building tools, and creating custom reports to meet broader business or program needs.
- Design and implement compensation strategies and programs with an emphasis on designing tailored and/or customized solutions to support specific business growth, differentiation or operational efficiency initiatives.
- Provide compensation consulting to senior executives including providing competitive pay and total rewards reviews, developing tailored annual rewards strategies (merit, promotion, market adjustment, bonus and/or stock guidelines), developing group/team hiring and retention strategies, and ensuring an overall healthy and cost effective compensation strategy aligned to organizational workforce and talent strategies.
- In partnership with Compensation Acquisition Integration Lead, consult on compensation issues & strategies related to acquisition integration for employees. Focus may include job mapping, retention strategies, compensation training, and integration alignment to Cisco strategies, programs and processes.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with P&C Partners and serve as subject matter expert on all elements of Cisco's compensation design and total rewards strategy.
- Partner with executives and stakeholders to design legally compliant programs that retain and motivate top talent and meet corporate, functional, and geographic objectives
Who You'll Work With
You will work with other lead compensation consultants, Finance, Compensation Centers of Excellence partners, aligned client facing People & Communities partners, and senior leaders in the Engineering function.
Who You Are
You enjoy crafting a story supported by data. You’re a good listener because you love learning and gaining context. You connect the dots and you are energized when your work results in a clear decision or action. You have strong excel skills and a passion for compensation. You demonstrate critical thinking, sound judgment and a pragmatic approach to decision making and problem solving. You can build strong relationships with partners and demonstrate effective interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to gain others confidence
- 7 years of progressive compensation and/or HR partner experience with increasing levels of responsibility identifying, consulting, designing, recommending and implementing efficient innovative business solutions to clients' compensation challenges.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent is required. Additional formal education (MBA, MS) and Compensation Certification is preferred.
- In depth knowledge of base, bonus / incentive and stock plans design, strategies, and principles.
- Solid technical, quantitative and analytical / modeling abilities and skills
- Strong project management, organizational and technical skills.
- A global and cross-cultural perspective of business and compensation issues.
- Understanding of current strategies and ability to implement new initiatives in response to or anticipation of changing business demands
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Experience working effectively with internal clients
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in a matrix organization with competing deadlines.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.