Location:San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s)Open to other US locations
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Cisco HR is inspiring today's talent for tomorrow's Cisco. We are developing HR strategies that accelerate capability in Cisco's business and our employees by transforming Cisco's talent, leadership, culture, and organization.
Who You’ll Work With
Here is a fantastic opportunity to drive innovation and process redesign to solution for some of our client's toughest challenges. You'll be designing, project leading, and implementing various compensation projects and programs to enhance business effectiveness, productivity and employee experience.
The Compensation Delivery team consists of experienced compensation consultants who enjoy working on a variety of compensation activities ranging from general consulting with their client groups and the business to executing against highly impactful compensation programs rollout to the organizationglobally.
What You’ll Do
- Provide regular support and general comp consulting to his/her client groups in areas such as market pay and total rewards analysis, designing retention packages, special recognition and bonus plan designs, consulting on new hire offers, evaluating miscellaneous bonuses submissions, acquisition employee mapping and integration support, FLSA / legal compliance related projects, compensation policies, and resolving complex compensation policy/guideline issues or questions.
- He/she will work with the Compensation Planning & Analytics team on new job creation, job matching & pricing strategies and in tailoring Reward program designs per business requirements.
- Interacting on a regular basis with Client Facing HR colleagues and various levels of employees and business leaders, the compensation manager will be the primary contact to provide excellent support, analysis and solution to Client Facing HR and their business partners, including Talent Acquisitions team, Annual Cycle Program team and Global Business Services Employee Experience.
- Lead various compensation projects such as, Market Reference Range rollout, and other similar service business offerings and projects including reviewing or re-evaluating compensation policy/guidelines and current process reengineering projects to enhance effectiveness and productivity.
- He/she will partner closely with Senior Compensation Consultants and Practice leaders to support the implementation and execution of the Total Rewards strategy and client initiatives.
- The successful candidate will work independently but in conjunction and partnership with teams across multiple functions including Compensation, HR, GBS, Operations, Finance and IT to achieve their project deliverables.
Who You Are
- Communication and influencing skills, ability to build a network to work across teams to achieve business goals.
- Storytelling skills to simplify and gain understanding on compensation concepts, techniques, and analysis
- Excellent analytical thinker with strong problem solving skills with the ability to understand and communicate the meaning of the data being presented.
- Strong partnering, influencing & communication skills for all levels (i.e. individuals at the peer, management and executive level).
- Proven ability to adapt and work effectively in a matrix organization to develop solutions that benefits the business and customer.
- Minimal supervision required, strong customer focus and command skills and is comfortable implementing change and dealing with ambiguity.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Prior knowledge and experience with sales plan concepts and/or design
- 5-7+ years progressive compensation and Human Resources experience with increasing levels of responsibility, identifying, consulting, designing, recommending and implementing efficient, innovative business solutions to clients' challenges.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent is required. Additional formal education (MBA, MS) and external Compensation Certifications is preferred.
- Solves highly complex problems that often requires utilization of individual's strong analytical capabilities and takes on broad perspective, best practice in business discipline, familiarity with broader underlying concepts and influence and/or great communication style and persuasion with business partners to recommend or produce best outcome and solutions for their client.
- Work independently to drive and manage project across multiple functions / client groups, utilizing subject matter expertise and knowledge of internal or external business practices to improve products or services offerings to his client groups
- Works regularly and comfortably with high level individual contributors and managers across multiple functions
- Solid technical, quantitative and analytical / modeling abilities and skills
- Strong communication and written skills
- Project management skills and ability to work through others to get results
- Proven ability to adapt and work effectively in a matrix organization with competing deadlines.
- Knowledge of human resources concept with international practices (e.g. Work Councils)
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco