Location:Offsite, Colorado Springs, Colorado, US
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Compensation Range64700 USD - 103500 USD
What You'll Do
As a Compensation Analyst, you will help solve meaningful compensation problems and influence key decisions that support business organizational growth and continuity. As part of a vertical Business Compensation Consulting team, you will provide support to the design and delivery of compensation strategies and programs for a business segment. In this role, you will dig into data sets to answer complicated questions and build data models to support the design and delivery of compensation programs. You will grow your business and compensation acumen as you provide hands-on support to compensation programs. Finally, you will be part of a closely knit, multi-functional Compensation team that shares ideas and collaborates on getting results that support Cisco global compensation goals.
The ideal candidate thrives in a team environment and seeks the opportunity to support business decisions through data. They are curious, questioning, and excited to explore and navigate issues using quantitative datasets. They willingly embrace suggestions, direction and ideas and at the same time are excited to offer their own creative solutions. They are comfortable using defined approaches to uncover data insights and also are willing to offer ideas and suggestions using context, competence and creativity. They are interested in learning about the business unit they support and developing compensation knowledge in order to more effectively impact and support compensation programs. They are comfortable with structured work and consistently apply a results-oriented mentality in order to accomplish their tasks on time.
Keys to success include strengths in navigating data analytics, willingness to partner and collaborate, and ability to dig into ambiguous problems in order to define structured data results. Responsibilities include:
- Work with Business Compensation Consulting Lead to support their strategy, vision and execution
- Derive insights from compensation and organizational datasets to help inform decisions and directions
- Conduct exploratory data analyses to identify compensation gaps, test hypotheses, and inform designs
- Support low-complexity compensation requests
- Supervise and manage compensation program datasets and structures
- Create data sources in Tableau to support reporting for internal teams
- Partner with other compensation team members to improve operational data tools and tasks
- Participate in multi-functional ad-hoc compensation projects in support of divisional or enterprise designs and programs
Who You Are
- Comfortable navigating and manipulating large data sets
- Attention to quality and detail, particularly in the context of managing data sets
- Has excellent Excel skills and preferably has experience with data visualization and dashboarding tools (preferably Tableau)
- Enjoys tackling ambiguous problems and crafting tangible outcomes
- Curious and interested in growing foresight, compensation knowledge and design concepts
- Thrives working in both a collaborative team and autonomously
- Can successfully prioritize and proactively engage in order to generate business results
- BS+2 years or MS in quantitative-aligned field of study
- Solid experience building reporting/analytics that are used to solve business problems
- Experience building Excel models that combine different datasets to build moderate-to-complex models, formulas & pivot tables.
- Capabilities in integrating data from different sources to produce requested or required data elements
- Ability to build and maintains templates either in Excel or Tableau
- Data visualization and dashboard experience is preferred
- Experience translating business objectives into useful analyses.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in clear and concise way
- Effective at working independently and as a member of a multi-functional team.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.