Pre-Sales Systems Architect - MD/VA - 1328490
Location:Fulton, Maryland, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Networking, Security
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
You will partner with our Account Executives in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Cisco product solutions-setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to customers-and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs.
- You will gain access to the palette of Cisco technologies and applications in a variety of vertical markets.
- You will collaborate with the Account Manager to recommend and develop customer solution offerings.
- You will provide an architectural perspective across the Cisco product portfolio and can use your technical specialization for specific opportunities.
- You will act in an increasingly consultative fashion and looked to as a guide, or trusted technical adviser, in your field by the account team and customers.
- You will keep up-to-date on relevant competitors solutions, products and services.
- You will assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
- You will actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team and provide consultative support in their area of specialization to other Systems Engineers.
Who You'll Work With
You will work with a team of Systems Engineers who partner with Account Managers. We work with partners and customers to ensure the best possible solution. We have been in roles from 2 years to 16 years and support and empower each other. We have a wide range of interests outside of work, but we all love technology.
Who You Are
You are passionate about the customer experience and excited about new technology. You are a true teammate and love to learn.
- You have a knowledge of baseline SE skills and in-depth knowledge in at least one specialization in either Data Center, Collaboration, Security or Route/Switch/Wireless.
- You have knowledge of relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications.
- You have the understanding and conversant about company, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- You show technical knowledge and consultative skills and ability to work effectively and contribute to the extended team.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- You have excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Confirmed technical knowledge and consultative skills.
- 4+ years-related experience preferred (less will be considered). Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required. Pre-Sales experience required.
- Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities. Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an equal opportunity employer.