Commercial Regional Sales Manager - UKI
Location:London, England, United Kingdom
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
What You’ll do
Are you an experienced sales leader looking for your next move? Then come and work for a leading technology company that has been awarded the #1 world's best workplace by Great Place to Work.
Cisco is looking for a Regional Sales Manager to lead the South Sales team covering the Commercial Sector within the UK and Ireland team.
This role involves positioning the Cisco value proposition and leading account managers in the development and expansion of opportunities. Your primary role will be to coach and mentor your team in operating at executive level outside of Cisco’s traditional buying centres. You will not accept the status quo and will embrace a disruptive approach to genuine solution selling.
You will create a strong and distinctive high-performance team culture that will attract and retain the best sales talent in the industry. You will embrace diversity of opinion and ideas and will always seek to do the right thing for your team, for your customers, for society and for Cisco.
To be successful in this role, you will need to embrace the mantra that, ‘the best leaders eat last.’
- You will embed and bring to life Cisco's Conscious culture using the 6 guiding principals which are: Give your best, Give your Ego a day off, Give something of yourself, Take accountability, Take difference to heart, Take a bold step.
- Attract, hire, develop and retain top sales talent for the commercial team
- Effectively motivate your team, supporting development through direct feedback, coaching and mentoring
- Develop and implement strategies to exceed sales objectives through effective use of direct and extended team resources
- Work successfully in a collaborative, matrix management organisation structure
- Foster and facilitate a collaborative team environment where every team member is empowered and accountable.
- Inspire the team to see what is possible, and get them to work outside of their comfort zone within a safe environment
- Understand the broader business climate, competitive environment, and share these findings and developments with your peers and leadership team.
- You will create a plan for your sales territory, execute on that plan, forecast accurately (weekly/monthly/quarterly) and represent your team’s business to Cisco’s UK leadership.
Who You Will Work With
Your team will be a mix of talented early in career and more experienced account managers.
Your network will consist of strong virtual teams across Cisco; from technology specialists to Cisco Capital to Finance to HR. Through working collaboratively, you will create a structure where those functions feel as though they are part of your team, and where they actively seek to focus on your team and customers.
You will be expected to develop and own key executive relationships across our customers.
You will identify and develop the partnerships outside of Cisco to help your account managers and our customers achieve their goals.
Who You Are
The key traits are passion, creativity, initiative, collaboration and the ability to motivate and innovate.
You are an experienced leader with a proven track record of managing successful sales teams.
You will need to shift the mindset of individuals in your team to sell solutions across Cisco’s software and services portfolio. You and your account managers will develop and tell stories that gain customer executive attention to create budget, build sound financial business cases and close multi-million $ deals.
You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and possess exceptional leadership skills. You will also need to have strong attention to detail the ability to think and communicate clearly when under pressure.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.