Commercial Finance Analyst
Area of InterestFinance
Cisco seeks a Commercial Finance Analyst, who will be responsible for managing, supporting and coordinating the deal structuring, review, and approval process related to customers in ANZ.
The Commercial Finance Analyst will become an integral part of the sales efforts around deal management, working closely with Area VPs, Client Directors, Finance, and many other internal and external stakeholders involved in a potential business transaction.
The Commercial Finance Analyst will become exposed to many disciplines within the business and will play a critical role by managing complex, non-standard, business opportunities.
What You’ll Do
- The Commercial Finance Analyst will be responsible for managing, supporting, and coordinating the deal structuring, review and approval process.
- The candidates must display significant judgment skills to ensure that Cisco optimizes its margins, effectively mitigates risks, while remaining commercially competitive.
- The Commercial Finance Analyst will become exposed to many disciplines within the business and will play a critical role by managing complex, non-standard, business opportunities.
- Build relationships with functional teams within Cisco to enable close interactions for deal reviews and approvals, including active Executive engagement.
- Manage all non-standard deals for their account or geographical responsibility.
- Work with the Sales Team to optimize deals, mitigate risks for Cisco and prevent potential channel or country/theatre conflicts.
- Facilitate deal reviews and approvals by Sales and Finance by managing the communication and structuring of non-standard business opportunities.
- Work closely with field sales to implement pricing and deal packaging guidelines.
- Performs scenario analysis, what if comparisons, sensitivity analysis on key deals during deal structuring cycle.
- Ensure deal governance and compliance including risk assessment.
- General understanding of revenue recognition issues, identifying non-standard terms and revenue recognition issues in coordination and collaboration with the Corporate Revenue Accounting team.
- Partners with Legal to perform contract reviews and assessments as per tools and processes.
- Builds and manages cross functional relationships with Sales Account Teams, Legal, Segment Finance, Sales & Services Finance, Treasury, Cisco Capital, Tax, Corporate Revenue, etc
- Maintains extensive knowledge of product and service offerings, including new offerings.
Who you are
- Strong time management and planning skills - ability to work effectively under time pressure.
- You are expected to work across the various functional teams, including non-finance functions, while understanding capabilities and limitations of current systems and processes.
- Able to develop good understanding of the business, the significant drivers and the management team's needs.
- Provides sound advice on utilizing financial resources effectively and enable the business to plan ahead accordingly.
- Maintains a high level of integrity and objectivity as well as championing Cisco’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- A good interpersonal and communications skills, a strong team player with a can-do attitude and focus on a win-win philosophy.
- Business Knowledge, Cisco Knowledge, Negotiation / Communication Skills and experience in Deal management and RFP/Tendering are a plus for any candidate.
Educational Background Recommended
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Business / Finance / Commerce.
- Preferably knowledge and at least 5 years experience in Service Provider / IT industry.
- Working Experience in Deal Management review and analysis is a strong advantage.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.