Commercial Finance Analyst
Area of InterestFinance
What You`ll Do
- Business partnership with EMEAR Sales: business partnering with Sales and building relationships with functional teams within Cisco in order to enable close interactions for deal reviews.
- Deals management & optimization: manage all non-standard deals for an assigned geography, or large account, or product. Perform pricing analysis on specific deals. Deal structuring and optimization.
- Analytics & decision support: pricing analysis (e.g. common trends and issues around pricing and competitive situations) and learning from deals, pricing pressures, competitive pressures, loopholes, etc., encountered on the day to day management
- Reporting and presenting: create and run reporting and analysis around key metrics and presenting to key business partner to facilitate decision-making.
- Role requires general understanding of revenue recognition issues, identifying non-standard terms and revenue recognition issues in coordination and collaboration with the Corporate Revenue Accounting team
Who You'll Work With
In this exciting and impactful role, you’ll interact with a broad range of partners across all GEOs, including Commercial Finance EMEAR & WW Ops, multiple Finance teams, Sales, Sales Ops and IT.
Who You Are
- You are a highly-motivated professional with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze complex multi-dimensional problems. You are curious and willing to learn, with a strong process oriented attitude, while comfortable operating in a fast paced environment.
- You have exceptional oral and written communication skills which enable you to form relationships with key managers across all levels of business and finance organizations.
- Experience in data analysis and financial modelling Prior experience working with and supporting sales organizations on bid, deal or pricing management (preferred)
- Good knowledge of MS Excel and Office (essential)
- Fluency in English with excellent written and oral communication skills (essential)
- 2-5 years relevant job experience gained in a large multinational company with exposure to various financial and/or commercial disciplines; supporting multiple countries.
- Finance or Accounting degree or recognized professional accounting qualification achieved or in progress or degree in Accounting (preferred)
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.