Collaboration Senior Systems Engineering Manager East
Location:New York, New York, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making Collaboration more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
You are an authority at technical and business planning as it relates Cisco Collaboration in the Global Enterprise Segment alongside industry and market direction, and mentors others on resource planning and technical perfection. You are expected to be an effective business partner with their Collaboration Region Manager counterpart as well as the leadership teams at the Operation and Area levels of the Collaboration East Operation. You are responsible for developing a high performing team of TSAs, demonstrating technical and business perfection. They effectively utilize tools to drive business intelligence and extensively mentor SEs on the use of these tools. The SEM coaches others internally and externally, and is viewed as a mentor. Along with the RM, the SEM reviews business metrics, progress against the business plan, and initiates changes in anticipation of evolving market/industry trends to achieve and exceed sales goals.
Who You'll Work With
We are interested in someone to fill the role of Collaboration Systems Engineering Manager East. You will play a vital role for our Collaboration Engineering team by providing technical vision and tying it to strategic business goals. You are regularly sought after as a trusted advisory role, both internally by the account team and externally by our Enterprise customers, partners and industry leaders. You will utilize your internal and external network of business relationships as a focal point to drive collaboration, and to achieve various business goals and corporate initiatives.
Who You Are
- You are someone who demonstrates skilled leadership throughout the operation and area.
- You are the Master of evangelizing high-level strategy into actionable tactics throughout the Global Enterprise customer base.
- You view the business through a 12-18 month window.
- You have the respect of your CSEs, TSAs, SEMs, SSEMs, SEDs, RMs, and the extended team including Business Units, Channel Partners and others.
- You're considered a knowledgeable and trusted advisor throughout the Cisco organization, and with senior level management at our Partners and Customers.
- You clearly communicate Cisco's strategic vision.
10+ years related Sales experience in IT, At least 5 Years in a Leadership Capacity
Pre-sales and Industry knowledge required
Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
- US Citizenship required
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us. #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an equal opportunity employer.