CloudOps Engineer - FedRamp - SDWAN
Location:Milpitas, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Software Development, Testing
Who You'll Work With
The Cisco SD-WAN Cloud Team (previously, Viptela Cloud Team) builds, deploys and manages the entire SD-WAN cloud infrastructure for enterprises and SPs. With the growth and expansion of SD-WAN, we are looking to expand our team in all aspects. We work with multiple clouds and collaborate with multiple teams, including an outsourced ops team. You will work with the SD-WAN Solution, Cloud Development, and Test teams to orchestrate controllers and services for SD-WAN. This management will be through the entire ordering, provisioning, on-boarding and complete lifecycle of the controllers.
What You'll Do
- Orchestrate, manage and monitor the Cisco Viptela SD-WAN cloud infrastructure
- Be an agile member of a combined development, test and operations team, running in short cycles to improve product lifecycle and features
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations
- Tackle and resolve issues in dev, test and production environments
- Interact with other team members to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
Who You Are
- US Citizenship is required for this position
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field with at least 5 years of customer support experience
- Experience with public AWS, Azure and Google cloud
- Experience with private cloud platforms such as VMWare and Openstack
- You’re a deeply motivated Cloud Engineer and passionate about learning and contributing to the business operations with a "can do" attitude
- Knowledge of operating large-scale SaaS systems is preferred
- Dedication to Quality: Ability to ensure and commit to a higher standard of quality than usual in the face of tough customer production situations
- You possess the aptitude to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Experience with moving workloads between private and public clouds, etc.
- Strong aptitude, and proficiency with Python/Perl/TCL
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Ambitious, strong sense of ownership, teammate
- Handle multiple tasks at once and work independently with minimal managerial mentorship
- Have experience in customer deployment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team building skills. In this role you'll work across departments and with other teams.
- Be open to continuous learning and committed to ongoing self-improvement
- Initiate and participate in interpersonal efforts to improve overall group productivity and test effect
At Cisco, each person brings their unrivaled talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart-Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.