Cloud Systems Engineer - Openstack (8+ years)
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestInternet of Everything, Wireless, Mobility
What you'll do
As a member of our Cloud Systems Engineering team, you will be responsible for deploying and supporting the solution within the customer data centers.
* Working side-by-side in a truly collaborative manner with our architecture, operations, sales, marketing, and executive leadership team to provide best in class solutions, services, and customer support.
* Collaborating with your peers in the Cloud Systems Engineering group to ensure that our solutions and services meet and exceed our client's expectations and achieve our rigorous quality standards.
* Becoming an expert in the OpenStack standard platform and Cisco's enhancements to this platform.
* Typical job functions include:
* On-going operations in a large-scale, multi-cloud environment.
* Proactive system/network monitoring & troubleshooting.
* Proactive system capacity planning.
* Deployment and task automation.
* Issue/Incidence response.
* Code-level analysis of issues including root cause determination and/or potential code fix.
* Peer-level customer support for low-level, highly-technical issue resolution.
* Join and contribute to the communities and foundations that support our chosen open-source technologies and platforms. How you provide support will be dictated by your own interests, abilities, and personal passions.
* You will be required to have fun, love what you do, and support a transparent and open work environment.
Who you'll work with
Cisco Managed Services offers a unique opportunity for talented, passionate, and highly-creative software engineers to have a wide-ranging impact on our operational capabilities. One of the team's primary objective is to service an OpenStack-based solution that we deploy and remotely operate, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Who you are
* Bachelor's degree in CS... nice to have but... we'll focus on what you know right now, what you have accomplished, where you shine, and how your current and future goals mesh with ours.* 10+ years of Linux administration and engineering experience including a deep understanding of the Linux networking stack at the kernel level.
* 3+ years Python development experience or an equal level of level of proficiency in another language. For candidates that have experience with languages other than Python, we will ask you to:
* Provide code/script/recipe examples pertinent to infrastructure support.* Be happy learning Python! OpenStack's code-base is written in Python so becoming comfortable with Python is required.
* Knowledge of Ansible is preferred* Extensive knowledge of modern virtualization technologies (5+ years - KVM knowledge is a must).
* Experience deploying a host virtualization platform. Specific experience with a cloud platform not required.(5+ Years)* Having led, or participated in, the implementation of at least one configuration management system (Chef, Puppet, Salt Stack, etc.).
* Extensive experience with fully implemented automation workflows.
* Hands-on networking experience and a strong foundational knowledge of networking models including VLAN's, WAN, routing, bridging, etc.
* Prior experience working in a start-up operation is strongly desired but not required.
* We need people who know how to work independently and make things happen.
* Good communication skills (written and verbal). English required. German a plus.
* Strong application, operating system, kernel, and hardware debugging skills. Windows experience is a plus.
* The ability to demonstrate a high degree of passion for your craft is a requirement.
* Our on-staff experts love what they do, are continuous learners, anxious to take on new challenges, and mindful of best practices to ensure optimal service.
* You have to be able to "play nice with others." Cisco seeks extraordinary minds, talent, and abilities, but not at the expense of our company culture and the tranquility of our employees and workplace.
Why CiscoWe connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.