Cloud Software and Infrastructure Sales Specialist - Central US
Location:Offsite, Ann Arbor, Michigan, US
Area of InterestSales - Product
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
We change the World; we are passionate about our employer and the brand we represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
In this position, you will be facilitating the success of Cisco sales teams in selling Cloud Infrastructure & Software Group (CISG) products and technologies with measurable sales objectives for the regions you support.
You will be quick to find opportunities, able to handle people and prioritize opportunities, highly capable as a trusted consultant and mentor to sales people and committed to improving the proficiency of the team.
You will be responsible for developing a business plan to meet and exceed assigned quota and you will plan sales strategies, develop proposals, deliver customer presentations, and close the business.
You’ll help advance the Central US Cloud Infrastructure & Software Group (CISG) sales team and make our customers lives better and easier.
Who You'll Work With
You will work with Cisco Account Managers, Systems Engineers, Technical Leaders, Sales Managers and Partners to plan sales strategies, develop proposals, deliver customer presentations/demos, and close the business. Technical sales experience is required.
Who You Are
You are a Sales Specialist responsible for selling Cloud Infrastructure & Software Group (CISG) technologies. In this position, you will be facilitating the success of Cisco account teams in selling specific Cloud Infrastructure & Software Group (CISG) technologies related to your area of expertise, with measurable sales objectives. This is a specialist position on the GES Central CISG team. In this role, you'll be responsible for developing a business plan to meet and exceed assigned quota.
- A minimum five to seven years sales experience in Cloud Infrastructure & Software Group (CISG) including technologies.
- Consistent track record in managing and winning major strategic opportunities, with the ability to work unsupervised; ability to interact as a valuable team member
- Technical software sales experience is desired.
- Ability to handle a long and sophisticated sales cycle
- Experienced in multi-level selling, comfortable influencing CxO, IT Managers, Purchasing, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams and multiple levels of the organizations (account managers, technical leaders, Partners, Channels, etc.)
- Requires a solution sales approach versus a product specific approach.
- This person must work well in teams and be able to build an outcome where everybody wins.
- Position requires a passion for driving strategies; a strong personality with proven leadership skills working in a sophisticated matrix organization.
- Local travel and occasional overnight travel maybe required.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is outstanding, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.