Full Stack developer- PHP OR Python
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Security
Who are We?
Our approach is twofold; first Umbrella, our cloud-delivered security service, blocks advanced attacks including malware, botnets, and phishing threats, while our predictive intelligence engine uses machine learning to automate protection against newly-discovered threats before they can reach our customers. Today, we handle more than 80 billion daily Internet requests from 65 million+ users around the world. Our global network has proven reliability and adds no latency. We protect each and every one of our customers’ devices globally without any hardware to install or software to maintain.
Working at Cisco Cloud Security team means being surrounded by passionate, intelligent and creative people that are determined to disrupt the Internet security industry with innovative ideas, world-class research and unrivaled products and services. It’s a place where the best ideas are quickly transformed into products, features, campaigns and company-wide practices, so it won’t be long before you witness the results of your hard work. But don’t just take our word for it. We’ve seen nearly 100% year-over-year usage growth.
About the Team
Roles and Responsibilities
We’re looking for a Software Engineer that enjoys wearing many hats, a self-starter that’s willing to jump headfirst into the codebase and start improving it immediately. If you’ve tried a few different web stacks and have your favorites, that’s a good sign. Or, if you’ve got solid middle-tier experience and you’re a fast learner, this would be a great opportunity to branch out.
• You have experience in developing world class software products with User Interface catering to multiple personas and a strong user base of mid to large scale organizations
• Full lifecycle development experience using UI frameworks, Python and/or PHP in field of systems engineering.
• Ownership of quality code and components developed is highly desirable.
• Proven record of having contributed to release, generally available software.
• Understanding of micro apps, distributed systems, cloud infrastructure, continuous integration and DevOps.
• Solid grasp of computer science/software engineering concepts around distributed computing and cloud computing paradigms
• Experience of working in a fast-paced agile environment