Cloud Software Engineer (Kafka, AWS) (10+ yrs)
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Security
Who are We?
Our approach is twofold; first Umbrella, our cloud-delivered security service, blocks advanced charges including malware, botnets, and phishing threats, while our predictive intelligence engine uses machine learning to automate protection against newly-discovered threats before they can reach our customers. Today, we handle more than 80 billion daily Internet requests from 65 million+ users around the world. Our global network has validated reliability and adds no latency. We protect each and every one of our customers’ devices globally without any hardware to install or software to maintain.
Working at Cisco Cloud Security team means being surrounded by passionate, intelligent and people that resolved to disrupt the Internet security industry with ideas, unusual research and stands on its own products and services. It’s a place where the best ideas are transformed into products, features, campaigns and company-wide practices, so it won’t be long before you witness the results of your hard work. But don’t just take our word for it. We’ve seen nearly 100% year-over-year usage growth.
Who You'll Work With?
Who You Are?
We are looking for an hands-on, smart working and self-motivated Technical Leader, who can
- Help build highly available, fault-tolerant, secure and scalable globally distributed applications using the latest cloud services and tools that provide industry-leading security to millions of people worldwide
- Define architectural vision and roadmap for product
- Influence the direction of product development decisions and partner with peer groups to execute on a complete vision for market leadership and industry perfection.
- Drive the technical design and implementation aligned with our vision of a highly reliable and scalable cloud platform.
- Work closely with the Product Manager, Engineering Leaders and Staff Engineers to ensure the best patterns and practices are used to craft industry-leading reliability of our software applications and services.
- Ensure that all development practices are carried out as per the standards followed within the organization.
- Bring an attitude of developing simple solutions to complex problems. If you know cloud technologies very well but still inclined towards trying old school methods, this is the job for you.
- Be a technology enthusiast and innovator introducing new tools and technologies
- Help recruit world-class cloud engineers and collaborate with and mentor our robust team of cloud platform engineers.
- 10+ years of experience in product Development and at least 5+ years of experience on cloud development.
- At least 3+ years of experience with Kafka
- Hands-on experience working as a senior engineer on highly transactional, 24x7 production cloud and SaaS environment.
- Experienced in owning and leading cloud components.
- Expert in Kafka and related components like schema registry, topic filtering, mirroring etc. AWS MSK will be an added advantage.
- Should have very good interpersonal skills. Should be able to mentor individual contributors.
- Understands Networking and System internals very well.
- Very good debugging skills.
- Ability to work in agile delivery mod, with ownership and accountability
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.