Cloud Software Developer (Tools) - Cloud WebEx Meetings Platform
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video
What You'll Do?
- Collaborate with the Cloud Collaboration Software Development teams to provide guidance on how to sustain high availability of the WebEx Meetings micros-services features.
- Develop and build DEV tools, visualizations and data analysis to help understand holistically how the service is working and how things can be improved utilizing Python and/or Java, ELK stack
- Measure and monitor how the service is performing in terms of availability, quality and overall health using AppDynamics.
- Scale systems through automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Incident response and postmortems.
The Cloud Collaboration Cloud Engineering team is a dynamic group of Engineers that is developing the next generation of cloud-based collaboration and mobile applications for Cisco called Webex Meetings and Webex Teams (formerly Cisco Spark) with a head start of 50 million users and nearly all Fortune 500 companies, this group leads the industry. Help change the way that people collaborate.dicedev
Who Are You?
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience in addition to 2-3 years experience in any of the following areas; distributed application development, cloud application development (Micro-services), development of DEV tools, data visualization using Qlik, ElasticSearch (ELK), AppDynamics, New Relic
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Experience in one or more of the following: C++, Java or Python.
- Experience with Elastic Search and ELK stack highly desired
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
Preferred qualifications (Nice to have)
- Experience with real time communication services
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems