Cloud Services Engineer, WebEx Meetings
Area of InterestCollaboration
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
Cloud Services Engineer, WebEx Meetings
Justification for requisition:
With the growth of collaborative market demand and fierce competition, we need to provide more high-quality products and services. We need more rapid market response and the ability to accurately analyze and predict the business of existing products, services and customers, so as to provide decision basis and business judgment for the management.
What You'll Do
As a member of the Webex Meetings Cloud Service organization, you will collaborate with the service operation and executive team to engineer:
- Business Intelligence
- Apdex based service quality
- Meeting service quality dashboard
- Proactive service monitoring & alert
- Correlated event analysis
- Cloud platform software development
Responsibilities include the following:
- Build scaled business intelligence platform/portal.
- Implement APDEX based service metrics analysis, aggregation and presenting.
- Respond to customer requests to implement automation solution or workaround.
- Work independently and collaborate with service owners to get deep understanding of business requirements, technical requirements and technical operation requirements.
- Demonstrate strong technical leadership and work closely with technical operation teams across the world.
- Implement variable on-demand business data analysis and engineering per business scenario.
- Develop, verify and maintain ChatBot service to serve our customer efficiently and improve user experience.
Who You’ll Work For
The Cloud Collaboration Technology Group (CCTG) is a $1B business unit that develops primarily cloud based collaboration software solutions, and is an integral part of the $4.4B Collaboration portfolio at Cisco, which is investing heavily to transform the future of collaboration experiences for our end users.
CCTG's vision is to be the recognized industry leader in the Cloud Collaboration market as well as to be the industry beacon that attracts top talent. Our strategy is to sustain innovation in our current $1B product line, and to develop innovative new products for the future that expand and positively disrupt our market. We will do all of this, and build a next generation cloud platform with APIs and an ecosystem that deliver tangible business outcomes enabling our customers to get more jobs done!
The CCTG Platform & Automation team is a growing distributed dynamic group of Engineers that is developing the next generation of cloud-based collaboration and mobile applications for Cisco. With a head start of 50 million users and nearly all Fortune 500 companies, this group leads the industry.
Who Are You
You are a Senior Engineer who can meet/exceed part or all these requirements:
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) plus 5 years of experience or MS in Computer Science with 3 years of previous experience as a software Engineer, Services Engineer or SRE.
- Proficiency in one or more development languages of Python, Java, NodeJS or ReactJS.
- in SQL, PL/SQL
- Proficiency in database like Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB
- Experience with Big Data technologies (Hadoop and other frameworks in Hadoop ecosystem, HDFS, Hive etc.)
- Experience with open source technologies such as Airflow, BotKit, Kubernetes, Kafka, HBase, Cassandra, Redis and Docker, etc.
- Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches, operations research and optimization algorithms
- Ability to rapidly learn and adapt to new technologies & languages
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, able to communicate with all levels of internal technology teams and business teams
- Experience in Agile development process.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco