Cloud Service Quality Senior Engineer 1244355
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestSupply Chain
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
What You'll Do
This is a rare opportunity to join the Supply Chain Quality Engineering (SCQE) team that is responsible for driving product and quality services for all Cisco products, software and SaaS services. As a Cloud Services Quality Engineer, you are a key member of the dynamic Software and Cloud Transformation team serving as a subject-matter authority, Cloud Advisor tasked with identifying and building strategy that can be utilized by several Cisco business units to improve quality, performance, availability, and increase operational efficiency. Your team will provide varied services including driving quality requirements gathering from business units for IaaS, PaaS and SaaS; driving standard methodologies across business units; helping identify the best cloud service provider; and assist with designing, deployment and management of infrastructure and software stack.
In addition, you will...
- Help improve and refine the Cisco Cloud Maturity Model based on the latest industry standard methodologies as well as feedback received from different Cloud business units.
- Identify and drive Cisco Cloud Maturity Model assessments of Cloud business units to provide a roadmap of how to improve maturity of cloud services within Cisco with business unit action plans and reviews pertaining to metrics and standard methodologies.
- Gather business and technical requirements, assess capabilities and analyze findings to provide appropriate cloud quality and performance metrics and measures.
- Convert technical, business, and product requirements into use cases and test cases.
- Define Cloud quality strategy by recommending cloud metrics, tools, and techniques to increase performance, security, automation and scalability, software performance analysis, and system tuning.
- Lead KPI/metrics and implement standard methodologies that can be utilized by several business units to standardize and improve performance of cloud services.
- Research, analyze, recommend and select technical approaches for solving customer issues related to licensing, install, upgrade, and renewal of Saas offerings.
- Identify, isolate, root cause, and document defects while working closely with the development team to resolve the defects and drive closed loop corrective and preventive actions.
- Enable proof-of-value with Cloud business units to deploy and use an optimal APM solution, driving Cisco-on-Cisco with AppDynamics APM solution for E2E performance monitoring at infrastructure, application, and end-user levels.
- Use test tools and test suites that will be used by our development and QA teams that enable us to measure and test the cloud platform.
- Collaborate with several teams including product development and engineering, InfoSec, IT, Service Providers (e.g. AWS, Rackspace), Customer Success, Technical Services, and Finance.
Who You'll Work With
As a member of the Cloud Service Quality and Performance team, you will be responsible for helping various software engineering teams run their Cloud service quality maturity as well as for enabling the engineering teams to provide and help deploy APM solutions for cloud and software applications. You will be deemed as an authority in cloud technology and have experience architecting, defining, and managing performance and quality of full end-to-end cloud solutions.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred
- 10+ years experience in a software development, quality assurance or automation engineering involved in product development or production quality software. Deep understanding of SDLC (Software Development LifeCycle).
- Experience working with Cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Compute Engine (GCE), Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Redhat OpenShift, Microsoft Azure or OpenStack
- Experience testing web services using RESTful APIs and should be an authority in writing and executing automated acceptance, performance, and regression tests using Ruby, Python, Golang, Bash, and/or C/C++
- Proficient with Unix command line tools like ssh, grep, awk, sed, vi, git
- Should have experience implementing or developing load and performance test tools as well as Build Tools, CI/CD, DevOps and Agile principals
- Comfortable becoming familiar with our technology stack which includes GCE, docker, Kubernetes, nginx, go, SaltStack
- Working knowledge of configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Working knowledge of web servers, databases (RDBMS and NoSQL), monitoring, virtualization, containers
- Strong experiences building and using RESTful services
- Good knowledge of microservices based architecture
- Jira, Bitbucket, GitHub, and Jenkins experience desired
- Experience with virtualization and container technologies like VMware, Docker, CoreOS, Vagrant, etc.
- Understanding of Federated Security, SAML, Single Sign On, IAM
- Knowledgable in deploying and managing physical infrastructure environments and working with co-location service providers such as Rackspace, Equinix
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco