Cloud Security Software Engineer
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Security
What You'll Do
We will Simplify and Automate Security for Cisco’s Cloud tenants & service offerings.
Who You'll Work With
The Security & Trust Organizations’ Cloud Security Engineering team develops reusable, security focused solutions for Ciscos’ established and emerging Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud offerings.
Who You Are
As a Cloud Security Software Engineer, you will develop, modify, and debug ansible, python, pytest-testinfra scripts for the hardening of various cloud components such as the OS, Docker Containers, Kubernetes, Web Servers, DB servers, Jump hosts, etc. You are passionate, highly motivated and eager to affect meaningful impact, and to develop new skills. With a zeal for innovation & learning you are comfortable diving into business & technical subjects outside of your comfort zone
Our minimum requirements for this role:
1. You must be able to produce proof of U.S. Citizenship. No dual citizenship.
2. You have a B.S in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or EE
3. You have 1-3 Years of Software Development experience using an OO language
4. You possess a good understanding of Cloud Computing fundamentals.
5. You are experienced with one or more Cloud Platforms - OpenStack, Amazon Web Services
(AWS), Azure or Google Cloud Platform (GCP), etc.
6. You are experienced with Ansible, including Developing/Updating Ansible Roles.
7. You have experience with CI/CD tools such as GitHub/Bitbucket, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
8. You possess excellent problem solving and troubleshooting/debugging skills
9. You have excellent verbal and written skills
10. You are able to establish and sustain excellent relationships with an extended team
1. A consummate team-player, you possess outstanding listening, collaboration & communication skills
2. You have proficiency in one or more of Python and Pytest -testinfra plugin
3. You have experience with Linux.
4. You are experienced with commonly used open source software components such as
Containers, web servers, databases, message brokers, etc.
5. You have experience in Agile Kanban development process
*LI-PRIORITY AND *LI-KM1