Cloud Platform Architect
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You'll Do
We are looking for a senior cloud architect who wants to make a lasting impact on our premium professional services subscription offering:
You will be responsible for converting requirements of a project into the architecture and design that will guide the final solution. You will bridge the gaps between complex business problems and solutions in the cloud. You will mentor teammates on the use of cloud products such as AWS components.
You will be working in close partnership with the engineering team who will build and operate the final product.
Who You Are
- You are deeply motivated platform engineer with background in building PaaS or similar shared software platforms.
- Ideal candidate must have experience building, shipping and operating software-as-a-service (SaaS) product. Ideal candidate would have done such products using Cloud Native Principles and been exposed to cloud technologies. The emphasis of this role is to both do hands-on implementation and to influence and guide the platform development to be highly operable and efficient. This can only be accomplished by a candidate with substantial real-world experience actually building, deploying and operating distributed systems using cloud technologies.
- You are a polyglot who loves learning new programming languages and systems.
- Furthering your learning has always been a goal of yours.
- You find deployment, provisioning, and containerization technologies captivating.
- You thrive in a team that is part of groundbreaking, high impact projects and are motivated by delivering industry transforming solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Someone who is motivated by challenges; handles pressure; is passionate; driven; and can deliver quality results
- You are curious to learn new technologies and collaborate with fellow engineers to raise the bar to build team success
- Contribute to a culture of continuous learning and improvement
- Troubleshoot production problems
- Seek user problems through close collaboration with a diverse product team
- 5-10 years with Bachelors/Master's Degree in Computer Engineering
- Strong experience with Linux system development
- Extensive experience with Kubernetes, Docker, or cloud deployment technologies
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with CI/CD operations
- Familiarity with Virtualization, Containers & Microservices.
- Experience with designing and developing customized tools, scripts and dashboards
- 4+ years in one or more of the programming languages Python/JS/Go development experience
- Min. 4+ years of experience with Cloud computing (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Ability to create documentation of architectures and communicate it optimal to various audiences.
- Deep understanding of software and networking security concepts
- 2+yrs proven experience with testing, migration or deployment of enterprise grade business applications and/or services to Public Cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (preferred)
- Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect
- Google Professional Cloud Architect
- Knowledge of Cloud Security fundamentals and best practices
- Professional software development experience with at least one language like Go, JS, Python
- Ability to dive into a large polyglot codebase and contribute as you learn
- Proven ability to research problems and break them into discrete parts
- Ability to ramp-up quickly and contribute to a production codebase
- Experience with Splunk, ELK stack or similar log management tools such as Datadog, Graylog
- 2+ years in Agile engineering experience. Experience with Jira, Rally or tools such as Quickscrum .. a bonus
- Proven mentor and technical team leader in a professional software team
Who You'll Work With
You will work in cross functional teams that own their outcomes. We believe in building strong teams and look for people that feel the same. You and your teammates believe in healthy discussions about ideas and how to deliver quality solutions to our customers. You will be part of a small team that engages in unfiltered conflict around ideas.
At Cisco, each person brings their unrivaled talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart-Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.