Cloud Operations Architect- Data Center, Storage, Database (10+Yrs of exp)
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Who We Are:
Today’s challenging business environment is more than that – it’s a period of disruption between the pandemic, global business change and internal process complexity. For us to focus on simplicity and the best customer experience, we need great talent and the right skillsets to be successful. This is now a mantra for our Cisco leadership team and for us.
The Digital Enterprise Solutions team is changing the way we run Cisco’s operations by maximizing the power of technology, the best of business processes and superior data insights. Together, we will Reimagine the Cisco experience. Show the world how to Reinvent applications and leverage the future of the Internet to Showcase the power of Cisco: our people, products, processes, systems, and data. Please join us and make this journey together!
What You'll Do
You will be working on a dynamic and fast paced team that is focus on keeping Cisco IT running 24x7x365. The position will be focused on how we migrate and bring new technologies to enhance our cloud operations as the Cisco business looks to move more operations to the Cloud. You will be working with architects, engineers, developers and leadership to help manage and transform the way Cisco IT operates all with focus on the user experience. The goal of this role is to transform operations and enable Cisco IT to support anything in any configuration the business needs for full 24x7x365 support when it is needed.
Who You'll Work With:
As part of the Digital Enterprise Solutions team, you will work with a diverse and talented team of people that have a passion for operations. You will also work cross-functionally with architects, developers, engineers across Cisco. There will also be opportunities to work and interact with senior leadership within IT and other organizations that will provide great exposure and opportunity to continue learning from a great and dynamic leadership team
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops and manages activities for a specific service from service definition and planning through release and ongoing maintenance / continuous improvements
- Serves as the central resource with design, process, building, integrating, customizing, testing quality and marketing as products and services are released
- Sets and maintains product or service roadmap; approve/reject potential modifications, upgrades, and maintenance to a product line or line of service
- Ensure employees/customers receive timely and effective technical support; build and manage teams to respond to technical issues and support requests
- Log, track, and analyze incidents to ensure effective resolution and improve support processes
- Design and implement effective procedures for responding to incidents (e.g. service failures, cyber security threats); train and manage IT support workers to execute on procedures
- Intermediate to experienced knowledge of cloud, data center, storage, database, network skills, data visualization, analytics, troubleshooting Java, HTML, and ITIL skills.
- Familiarity with solving complex problems in IT software and hardware in both an on-premise and cloud environment
- Ability to manage complex programs, vendors and/or cloud providers
- Ability to manage and thrive in stressful situations
- Great communicator and collaborator that can present and hold an interaction with a developer or a senior leader.
- Effective team player, attentive to detail"
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact.
You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
Imagine a more secure and smarter world with unlimited bandwidth. If you want to be part of a company that is making that vision a reality, Cisco is the place to be. At Cisco, we continue to develop products that change how we live and communicate, how enterprises run intent based networks, and how Data Centers run faster with more efficiency, capacity and scalability than ever before, enabling our ecosystem to be smarter. The network of tomorrow will allow for content and creativity limited only by the imaginations of its users.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
@Cisco #CiscoJobs #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.